Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday in the Mountains And Wednesday's Hodge Podge Late

Frank and I got up early this morning and headed out.  Our goal was Cades Cove and the Craftsman's Fair in Gatlinburg.  We stopped for breakfast at FlapJacks.  You just can't come up here without eating pancakes at a pancake house.....or at least I can't.  We did not know what we were going to do first....but when the sky began to clear we took the by-pass to Cades Cove and enjoyed a leisurely(what that means here is 5 mph or less) drive up to the Cove and through it.  On the way up...there was a bear sighting....a couple of turkey sightings, several deer sightings....and scenery that makes one know that we serve an Awesome God.We got home in time for me to get to go to Susan's Beth Moore Bible Study, Inheritance at her church.  The ladies take turns providing supper for the group.....we got there....and low and behold.....dinner was chili (we had it last night at Susan's), tamales, and for me a horrendous case of heart burn.  I did though, enjoy getting a taste of this study....it is one I have not done yet.  I would like to do this one.  It is only a small study....I think it takes 8 weeks.  Anyways, after the study we came home and met up with the guys.  The guys had eaten at Osaka, a Chinese restaurant.  Tomorrow we are all going to hang together....don't know what we will be doing...but it will be fun I can promise you.

I am a day late and dollar short with this.  This is week 49 and I am on vacation and was so excited about meeting my blogging friend, Mary yesterday....I forgot to do my Hodge Podge.  I hope Joyce won't mind if I am a bit late this week.  It was for a good cause.
1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis? Would we want you nearby in an emergency?
I am pretty good in an emergency as long as blood and vomit are not in the mix.  When my kids were small I would handle it....and then fall apart after it was over.  No...you probably would not want me around!
2. Caramel apple-caramel sundae-caramel corn-caramel macchiato...of the four, which caramel treat would you choose?  Yes to all of the above.  I love caramel apples, caramel sundaes, caramel corn, and caramel macchiatos.  I love caramel....period.  I could not make a choice between the above items.
3. Is there such a thing as destiny? Explain.
Yes because we're all destined to die one day but I think in any given day or moment we can change the way we live and thus alter the course of our future. We were created as complex beings with hearts and souls and brains, and while I believe God is sovereign over all things I also believe He gave us a free will to accept or reject Him, to choose what path we walk in this world....and whatever we chose is our destiny.
4. What's your favorite piece of furniture? I'm referring to something currently in your possession as opposed to something on your wish list.  I have a coffee table that my Aunt Shirley's male friend, Claude, made for me.  It WAS an old Early American piece and he made it into a shadow box.  I love it.
5. Wednesday night marks the start of the 2011 Baseball World Series. Did you know? Do you care? Will you be watching? Ever been to a professional baseball game? If you're not an American do you find the title 'World Series' annoying or amusing?  I did know....although I do not care.  I will be watching only because my husband will have it on in the den....and when I kiss him goodnight....I will see the game.  Will I avoid it?  Like the plague!
6. One sound that takes me back to my childhood is ____________.
the sound of an ice-cream truck coming down the road.
7. On average, once you've linked your hodgepodge post to mine how many other participant blogs do you visit? Do you ever come back to the Hodgepodge later in the day or even the day after to read posts?
Most weeks I make an attempt to read at least ten of the HP posts.  I do visit your site several times in order to get them read.
8. Insert your own random thought here.  I am on Fall Break and enjoying the heck out of the Smokey Mtns. and our friends Chuck and Susan.  What is your favorite...quickie vacation?  Have a great rest of the week!  I know I will.


2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a lovely drive home. So glad you enjoyed your trip. Enjoyed reading your answers to Hodgepodge. No baseball for me either!

Mimi said...

Hello friend,

Sounds like things are good in your little corner of the world! You really made me want a carmel coffee, lol.

Hugs & love,
Mimi