I am a day late and dollar short with this. This is week 49 and I am on vacation and was so excited about meeting my blogging friend, Mary yesterday....I forgot to do my Hodge Podge. I hope Joyce won't mind if I am a bit late this week. It was for a good cause.
1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis? Would we want you nearby in an emergency?
I am pretty good in an emergency as long as blood and vomit are not in the mix. When my kids were small I would handle it....and then fall apart after it was over. No...you probably would not want me around!
2. Caramel apple-caramel sundae-caramel corn-caramel macchiato...of the four, which caramel treat would you choose? Yes to all of the above. I love caramel apples, caramel sundaes, caramel corn, and caramel macchiatos. I love caramel....period. I could not make a choice between the above items.
3. Is there such a thing as destiny? Explain.
Yes because we're all destined to die one day but I think in any given day or moment we can change the way we live and thus alter the course of our future. We were created as complex beings with hearts and souls and brains, and while I believe God is sovereign over all things I also believe He gave us a free will to accept or reject Him, to choose what path we walk in this world....and whatever we chose is our destiny.
4. What's your favorite piece of furniture? I'm referring to something currently in your possession as opposed to something on your wish list. I have a coffee table that my Aunt Shirley's male friend, Claude, made for me. It WAS an old Early American piece and he made it into a shadow box. I love it.
5. Wednesday night marks the start of the 2011 Baseball World Series. Did you know? Do you care? Will you be watching? Ever been to a professional baseball game? If you're not an American do you find the title 'World Series' annoying or amusing? I did know....although I do not care. I will be watching only because my husband will have it on in the den....and when I kiss him goodnight....I will see the game. Will I avoid it? Like the plague!
6. One sound that takes me back to my childhood is ____________.
the sound of an ice-cream truck coming down the road.
7. On average, once you've linked your hodgepodge post to mine how many other participant blogs do you visit? Do you ever come back to the Hodgepodge later in the day or even the day after to read posts?
Most weeks I make an attempt to read at least ten of the HP posts. I do visit your site several times in order to get them read.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am on Fall Break and enjoying the heck out of the Smokey Mtns. and our friends Chuck and Susan. What is your favorite...quickie vacation? Have a great rest of the week! I know I will.