Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Louisiana, Louisville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles


L is for Louisiana, Louisville, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles

My alphabet adventures continue with four of my favorite places.  I cannot tell you how much wonderment I have found within the confines of the United States.  I just hope sharing my favorite places inspire you to jump in a car and start exploring.  I love the state of Louisiana.  It is such a diverse place.  You can see Spanish moss on the trees, walk in the French Quarter, eat Beignets, visit Laura (a Creole Plantation) in Vacherie, visit the oldest rice mill in New Iberia and the list goes on.  You could spend a year exploring Louisiana. 




Louisville houses several of my favorite places.  The first of course is the Louisville Slugger factory/exhibits, the second is the home of Mary Alice Hadley pottery, and the third is Lynn's Paradise Cafe (Bobby Flay held a throw down there) where you can get a mouthwatering hot Brown sandwich (a Louisville must).  Los Angeles is a city of stuff to do.  There is never a dull moment there.  You can relax, surf, tour, visit the Napa Valley from there,  eat great tacos at Tito's Tacos,
experience Chicken and Waffles, eat where the Doors were discovered, shop downtown in the district and get some great buys on jewelry, clothing, accessories, and flowers.  You can see Old Los Angeles, and eat at a cafe owned by a mayor.  I went the first time to a conference and learned you can see anything and everything you want to see for a minimal amount of money if you know how to use their transit system.  I am a quick learner and while all my friends spent over one hundred dollars to see the local tourist attractions, I, who was on limited income, spent a whopping 4.16 on buses and transfers and saw more then they did.  Los Vegas is a wonderment of neon lights.  I love the excitement of the lights.  I am not a gambler....but discovered when I went there with some gamblers I could see so much while they were held captive by the luck of the draw.  I loved Hoover Dam, their mall and walk of stars, the shows....it was awesome....this town that never sleeps.  
I hope you will all begin to see what there is out there in our great nation to see and enjoy!  Have a wonderful Friday!

No comments: