Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for Nashville

N is for Nashville (aka Nash Vegas)
As my Adventures in A-Z challenge move on I have to share with you one of my favorite places - Nashville.  I do like country music...but those of you who know me know I like most genres of music.  What I love about Nashville is its southern charm and beauty.  My baby cousin, Missy and her husband Clay live just off Briley Parkway in Nashville.  They have lived there for a long time and I love to go and visit them.  I love the Parthenon,

I love the cemetaries, I love Fort Nashborough, I love Printer's Alley,
I love the Ryman,
I love the Andrew Jackson, I love the Opryland Hotel, I love Studio B.....
there is so much history in this town that when you walk by places like Tootsies Wild Orchid
you can hear the past oozing into the streets from inside.  I am not a star gazer in Nashville.  I wasn't one in Beverly Hills either....I don't care about them.  I love the memories we have made while visiting Nashville.  During one trolley trip we passed a Gentleman's club that boasted of 50 beautiful girls and 3 ugly ones...Amanda, Missy and I decided we would be the 3 ugly ones.  We laughed for a long time over that one. 
I took my mom to see Robert Goulet as King Arthur in Camelot in Nashville on her sixtieth birthday.  Years before she and her friend Valerie had planned to see him as Sir Lancelot in New York....but that trip did not pan out thanks to my father.  She was a major Robert Goulet fan so I also arranged for her to meet him afterwards and have a photo op with him.  She was beside herself....and I was the daughter for the day.  Kathryn saw New Kids on the Block there.  I took my parents to a Billy Graham Crusade there.  Nashville has it all.  If you are ever in the western part of Tennessee and you want history, fun, and music then Nashville is where you need to visit.  You won't regret it. 

2 comments:

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

I've always wanted to visit Nashville. Just stopping by to say hi on the challenge.

nutschell said...

I'd like to visit Nashville one day. And those are beautiful pictures!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com
Happy A-Zing!