Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Rhode Island



R is for Rhode Island

One of my big bucket list adventures took place last summer on the first annual SMAK(Susan, Melissa, Amanda, and Karen) trip to Rhode Island, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket.  I had been through Rhode Island but had not taken the time to really see it.  We landed in Providence and stayed at one of Amanda's friend's apartments.  It was an old mill converted into loft apartments and lovely.  The view was overlooking the bay.  It had a bazillion windows and so very peaceful nestled away on a back road.  Our first day we went to Newport and shopped, did the sight-seeing thing, looked around for stars who would be appearing at the New Port Folk Festival, went to the Breakers and toured it. Saw the house on the Rock, saw several lighthouses, saw a Clipper ship coming into port.  It was a great day and I was beat when we got back to the apartment.  On Satufay we took the ferry over to Martha's vineyard(used public transportation....not so much fun) and toured it....then went over to Nantucket and toured it (we rented a car here).


Sunday morning we got up and went to Mystic, CT because our plane was late afternoon.  Mystic Seaport is a town of Nautical Museums and lovely.  It is the kind of town that I think of when I think of New England.  We loved it....so much and this year will be taking a SMALK trip....we added Linda.  I can'[t wait.  Niagra Falls and one more item off my Bucket List.  I so love a good adventure....don't you?

1 comment:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh how I loved taggin' along with ya on this adventure through those wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharin' sweetie. I got me off the Ponderosa for a bit!

God bless ya and have yourself a fantastic weekend dear one!!! :o)