1. Shakespeare's birthday is celebrated on April 23rd...when did you last read Shakespeare? What's your favorite Shakespeare play? I read Shakespeare a lot in college since I have a major in it. I also am an English teacher so I have seen McBeth, Romeo and Juliet, and Julius Caesar in the classroom. I love Shakespeare. The comedies are my favorites. My favorite play would have to be Comedy of Errors....no...Taming of the Shrew....no...Midsummer Nights Dream. It would be hard for me to choose.
2. What food(s) would you recommend a foreign visitor try when they visit your home country? Bagels and schmear, Geno's Philly Cheesesteak, bbq in the south (wet and dry), Salmon in Washington, Lobster in Maine, Maple syrup in Vermont, our country is a culinary dream.
3. What's a lie you often tell yourself? I will start again tomorrow I am going to have to borrow from Joyce.
4. What's something you're good at that might surprise us? Remember this is a family friendly blog. I would be better off answering this with what are you not good at. But my answer would be starting a lot of projects and then moving on to another one. I am the queen of this.5. Who is your favorite animal character from a book? Again with Joyce it would have to be Wilbur. When my kids were small and I read this book to them at night....my ex brought home a shote (tiny, runt baby pig) We named her Sally and gave her buttermilk baths and let her stay in the house because she was so tiny. When she got bigger she was moved outside to her pen and we continued to give her baths each day. We loved her....we eventally named her Dirty Sally when she hit about 800 pounds and seemed to love the mud baths more than the buttermilk ones. One day some men came and loaded her up....they took her nearby and we heard a gunshot. Dirty Sally was dead. She was processed and my ex brought the meat home to put in the smokehouse he had built. The kids and I never ate a bite. I can't wat food from something I have named. I am still not a huge ham eater.
6. April showers bring May flowers...do you have a green thumb? Sometimes I do if it is an outdoor plant. Inside plants not so much.
7. Speaking of rainy days, which one of the following activities would you most want to spend time doing on a rainy day-
sort photos and create albums
read a good book
hold an all-day movie marathon
clean and organize closets, cupboards, or bookshelves
try a new recipe
fix something that needs fixing
In order of desire I would love to read a good book, hold an all-day movie marathon, sort photos and create albums, clean and organize anything, try and new recipe, bake cookies, fix something.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am a Pinterest Addict. I love to spend time just looking through ideas and deciding if I want to try one. I have completed several projects and so far modge podging is my favorite. I am currently working on a blackboard tray for my dining room. I made crack potatoes Sunday for our homecoming - recipe from Pinterest. I probably won't ever do them again. Do you do Pinterest? Have you ever completed any of your pins? Tried any recipes?