Did you know that there are only four hodgepodges til Christmas, just in case you're wondering. So with that being said here are the questions and my answers for this week:
1. Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow? What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion? I love wrapping Christmas presents and to me it is all about the presentation. I love paper and bows. I do elaborate ones and most of the time at Dirty Santa's my gifts are chosen....just because of the wrapping. Wrapped? Right this minute? I have wrapped the ones that have gone out already. As far as the ones still left for my tree....0%. I don't have my tree up....so no presents are wrapped. It is all about the process.
2. What is one item on your Christmas list this year? There is actually nothing that I want....or need. I want quality time with my family and friends.
3. What makes a home? Home is where your heart is. It is the warmth and love of family. It is somewhere you can never go back to no matter how hard you try. Home is where you can be yourself and still be loved. Home is where there is a warm embrace waiting....and an "I love you." Home is my special place and when there are storms brewing outside...it is where I go to be safe.
4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday today...are you a fan of the Motown sound? If so who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? I lam a huge fan of the Motown sound, especially the early hits. I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried, but The Four Tops, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations and Gladys Knight and the Pips are high on my list. If I had to pick a favorite song it would be I Wish It Would Rain by the Temptations.
5. Red or green...which one is more prevalent in your closet? I have more red than green, although I like both colors.
6. True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon? I like bacon....but it does not necessarily make it better....or worse. BLT is my favorite bacon dish. I have just recently become a huge fan of maple flavored bacon from SAMS. My house smells like pancakes after we cook it.
7. Share a favorite holiday memory. Waiting for my dad to get the movie camera set up....it had a beam of very bright lights that were blinding. We would wait for hours (it was only a few minutes) and then we were allowed to come out and see what we had. That light was so bright and so hot you would sweat. My dad would say..."look at me and smile!" You couldn't look at him because it was blinding. I miss that part of Christmas.
8. Insert your own random thought here: I love Christmas music so very much and cannot wait until the Friday after Thanksgiving to begin listening to it. Tradtional hymn carols I would be hard pressed to chose from but...Lo, How a Rose E're Blooming would be one of my top favorites. White Christmas would be my favorite secular song. There is nothing better than to hearing Bing Crosby crooning it in one of my favorite Christmas musicals. I have been glued to the television for several days watching the Hallmark Christmas movies. I AM crafting while I watch...so I am not a total couch potato. What is your favorite Christmas song?????