Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, November 9, 2012

In The Quiet

 
It is that time of the week again....you know...the time when Lisa-Jo gives us a word and we have to write on it for five minutes....period.  The rules are so simple: 
 
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!  I really hate leaving comments when I have to decipher some random and obscure word.
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Quiet…

GO:
Quiet is something I am not experiencing right now....inwardly there is unrest brewing in my soul and heart and quiet cannot seem to be found. Voices are screaming at me telling me what to do and what not to do....and I found myself talking out to God this morning in my quiet car on Hwy 22.....where I could hear him....and listen. Outwardly my students are chatting among themselves..they think they are quiet....but I can hear everything....and some things I would rather not know....now or ever. On my Ipod I am hearing the quiet words to the Mercy Me song, "In The Secret."  I do not have the ear buds in....so I am just barely hearing the melody....reaching me....quietly.  I love that song....the words are so perfect for today's word..."In the secret, In the quiet place in the stillness, you are there.  In the secret, in the quiet hour I wait, only for you, 'Cause I want to know you more"  I love to hear this song when Rexton Lee sings it.  He is a former student of mine who now lives in Nashville and tours. My students have gone because the bell rang and this is my planning period.....now all I hear is quiet....silence....that is except for the tapping of the keys....it is true what they say...."Silence is Golden."  I love sitting here.....in the quiet....with just me, God, and my thoughts and concerns.  Shhhhhhh....quiet He says to me......Shhhhhhh it is going to be ok.  "Be still my child....be quiet.....and know that I AM God!"  Shhhhhh
STOP:

OK, show us what you got! {Subscribers, you can just click here to come over and play along}

No comments: