Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Hodge Podge - Vol 102

It is late and everyone in the house is in bed....what am I doing?  I am catching up on my post for today.  I am almost going to miss it.  I should I be sleeping like the rest of the group since I did not sleep well last not....but NOOOOO....here I am on Hodge Podge to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.  Want to play along?  If so jump over to Joyce's site and join in.


1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?  I am like Joyce in that I truly love turkey but I personally like dark meat the best. I love a homemade turkey noodle soup made with the leftovers, or turkey salad. 
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?  My knees won't let me run. I do love to hike though, and would choose to climb ten mountains over a run any day. We are in Greenville, SC right now and will be in Knoxville on Friday....so maybe I will get a chance to do some walking.
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.  I enjoy sharing and seeing family photos, getting travel, dining, and shopping tips, hearing about the everyday goings on in my friend's lives. Are there negatives? Yeah. I think we all know what they are so I'm not going to spell them out here.
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?  I just know that things happen for a reason.  I may not understand it....but I can be grateful for the experience and know I will grow from it.  5. In the US the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person or is done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight on Thanksgiving? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
I am not a Black Friday shopper, I refuse to fight for any item...it kind of takes the spirit out of Christmas for me.  I am almost completely done with my shopping and have a few more crafts to get done.  I am loving crafting for Christmas this year because it makes the gift special.  Thank you Kat for the Pinterest Christmas idea.  I have been pouring over Pinterest looking for the perfect gifts for you and Brian.6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?  I have to agree with Joyce on her answer here....black is my base color in my wardrobe and my favorite black item is a little black dress I bought to wear to my high school reunion.  I feel power in this dress.7. What do you appreciate about your life today?   That I have good friends, a loving family, a precious daughter, and a wonderful husband and that I am spending time with Frank's sister Ann and her husband Richard for Thanksgiving.8. Insert your own random thought here.  I have a question to ask you about Thanksgiving traditions.  Actually two....stuffing or dressing....and which President pardoned the first turkey?  Ok, I am really random tonight....I guess I am tired.....what is one of your most favorite Thanksgiving traditions/memories.  I hope you will share it with me.  Happy Turkey Day.

No comments: