Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, June 7, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Fall

How to Join:  Want to know how Five Minute Friday got started and how to participate? All the details are here.
What is Featured Five Minute Friday:  Every week Lisa-Jo  picks a post that caught her eye and shares it down there in her side bar – Look for where it says “Featured Five Minute Friday”? Yea -that could be you! Hop on over and visit some folk who make fireworks in just five minutes. They inspire her.
Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Ok are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Fall

Go:

photo.JPGThe word Fall brings many mental pictures to my mind.  You have fall in love, fall into my arm, fall for something stupid....and the list goes on.  The most present use of the word "fall" is from my trip (used tongue and cheek) to Panama City Beach, Florida Memorial Day week when I had a confrontation with a bright yellow speed bump in the hotel parking lot....and had a horrendous fall.  Everything I was carrying went scattering across the parking lot and my face went straight into the concrete.  My glasses flew off my face...but after leaving a nasty  place on the side of my face.  I was bloody, bruised, embarrassed.  That is what a fall does to me.  Frank joined the Rock Mills VFD on Tuesday and on Sunday morning they had to be called....because guess what...I fell.  Yep...right in a rabbit hole.  The ambulance came and off to the ER I went.  I sprained my knee and ankle...left knee...right ankle.  My kids grew up with falling....they got some of their best laughs over me hitting the ground.  My middle name should be Klutz...or Clumsy.  If the ground has an uneven spot....I am going to fall.  But...fall means much more than that to me.  Fall is a time of year that I adore.  It is a time when the world comes to life with numerous colors...and I have two favorite places to be when that happens. If I can't be in Maine....especially in the Moose Lake area....then...

I must be in the Smokeys/Blue Ridge   I love it in the fall when God dips his paint brush and goes to town on the trees.  It is amazing.  As a true Florida native....fall means the arrival of the snowbirds...but it also means less people on the beach.  That is my favorite time for the beach....fall....no one is there...it is mine to walk upon and love.  Fall is my happy time.  The air gets crisper....the colors turn brighter....I come to life.  I am in my happy place, it is well with my soul....and I can feel God breathing in the cool mountain air....right beside me.  Yep, there is a good and bad side to the word "fall"....and both are part of my life.
 
STOP

No comments: