Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

End Of My School Year Hodge Podge

Joyce's post is called....Hodgepodgeaphobia which would be fear of not answering this week's questions.  I am not afraid.  I am finishing up my last week with students.  This is the longest week ever.  Welcome to your weekly Wednesday happy! Answer the questions on your own blog, then hop back here to add your link to the party (hodgepodge posts only please!)by clicking here. Don't forget to say hi to the blogger who linked before you...or all the party goers if you've got some time today.

Here we go-


1. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?  Mine would be early morning with a cup of coffee, a beautiful sunrise, and silence.

 2. Are you a risk taker? What's one big risk you've taken?  I am not usually a risk taker....but once right after my divorce I jumped off the side of Lookout Mountain and hang-glided.  Not sure that will ever happen again.

 3. Some of the most common phobias according to the Institute for Mental Health are-spiders (arachnaphobia), snakes (ophidiophobia ), heights (acrophobia), fear of spaces from which escape is difficult (agoraphobia), fear of thunder and lightning (astrophobia), fear of dogs (cynophobia), injections (trypanophobia), social situations, flying (pteromerhanophobia), and fear of germs and dirt (mysophobia). True phobias affect only 10% of adults, but of those listed which would you rate as your greatest fear?   Even though it did not make the list it is my kryptonite.  I am a claustrophobic (fear of small spaces) isn't on there, because of being closed in a cedar chest when I was just a child....and left. . I have a small case of cynophobia when it concerns large dogs.  I was attacked as a child.  Obviously my childhood has scarred me forever.  I don't like spiders and snakes....but I would not say I was I was an arachnaphobe or an ophidiophobe....until one crawls on me. 

 4. Are you settled or do you feel you need to move somewhere new?  We definitely will move somewhere in the next couple of years.  That is the way of the Methodist pastor.  We are actually thinking of maybe changing conferences and moving deeper South or further North. 
  5. What is something you find annoying when dining in a restaurant?  I am so with you on this one Joyce.  I cannot tolerate People who allow their little ones to run around the restaurant while you're trying to eat. Unless you're in a fast food restaurant.  I also cannot tolerate people talking loudly on cell phones where I can hear their conversations.

 6. Daffodil yellow, sunset orange, spring green, or sky blue...your favorite color this time of year?
I'm all about the orange of a sunset and the orangey pink of a sunrise.  

 7. If you were going to take a holiday all by yourself, where would you go?  The UK, Scotland, Wales, Ireland...London.  I would love to be there right now.

 8. Insert your own random thought here.  What are your plans for summer?  Do you do summer vacation or do you take vacations at other time during the year?  Frank and I are headed to the beach as soon as school is out.  Then in June we are headed to Charleston.  It is one of my favorite places too.  What is your ideal vacation? (if money were no object?

No comments: