Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, May 9, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Grateful

As a school teacher with the year winding down, too much left to cover and do, kids going nuts I have to admit that this is my least favorite time of the school year.  The students all seem to shut down after Spring Break.  So I can honestly say this has been a week filled with stress and havoc.  A Murphy's Law kind of week because anything that could go wrong....has!  Today’s prompt is GRATEFUL because I am.  I am grateful that the 2014 school year is almost over.  I have 10 more days with children in my room.....and believe me.....these high schoolers are acting like LITTLE children. The whole rowdy lot of them. I actually had to send one yesterday to sit in the principals office....because if he hadn't I was going to wring his neck.  Lisa Jo's five minutes is a video blog this week – first and maybe last time – because she wanted to tell you in person how much you mean – you readers and writers and mothers and sisters and about the best people a girl could have in her corner. - See more by clicking here.   When you get through with your post go here and link up.  Be sure to comment to the person before you. 

Topic:  Grateful
Go:

I have so very much to be grateful for.  As I sat here this morning and began to think through all my blessings the words to the song "Grateful" by Hezekiah Walker came to mind and it says it better than I ever could.  Please click on the title and listen....
"Grateful"
I am
Grateful for the things
That you have done
Yes, I'm grateful for the vic-tories we've won
I could go on and on and on
About you works
Because I'm grateful, grateful, so grateful
Just to praise you lord
Flowing from my heart
Are the issues of my heart
It's Gratefulness
[x2]

Grateful, Grateful, Grateful, Grateful, Grateful, Grateful, Grateful, Grateful, Grateful, Grateful, Grateful, Gratefulness
It's flowing from my heart
[x8]

Flowing from my heart
Are the issues of my heart
It's Gratefulness
 
So for the God who brought me into this world and blessed me with a Christian raising and love my parents gave me, for the wonderful children I was blessed with, for a huge family I love, for the friends I have who make my world shine, for my teaching profession, for Midway UMC, for Rock Mills UMC, for a place to live, food to eat.....I am grateful.

No comments: