1. It's still May, right? When were you last in the middle of something that might be described as mayhem? The end of the school year....right now....it is definitely mayhem. The kids are crazy and want the year to be over....I am crazy and want the year to be over.
2. When did you last feel dismayed? Again my answer is today....the rest of the next week and a half....I am so dismayed. There is still so much to do and so little time to do it in. In the midst of trying to teach we have Sr. Honors Day, and cheerleaders going to the VA home to do a prom....and Sr. Honors Day Practice....yearbooks being handed out....reviewing for finals.....end of course tests...and so on....and so on.
3. What's a food combination you like, but other people may find strange? I am not a weird food eater....so I guess the weirdest thing I do eat is Ketchup on potato chips.
4. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." Do you think that's true? Why or why not? You can be/do what you want to be/do....anytime. It is true. I have a precious friend who at the age of 75 did something she had always wanted to do....opened a book store. She is 85 now and it has been quite a ride for her in the past ten years.
5. US News and World Report listed the best historic destinations in the US as follows-Washington D.C, Philadelphia PA, Williamsburg VA, Charleston SC, Boston MA, Richmnd VA, Savannah, GA, Santa Fe NM, Yellowstone, San Antonio TX, San Francisco CA, New Orleans LA, and Charlottesville VA. Of those listed how many have you seen in person? Which two sites on the list would you most like to see in person? I can honestly say to all of them, "Been there, done that and have a t-shirt." I would love to return to Yellowstone and stay in the Lodge there and I would love to go back to Boston again via Williamsburg, VA. I loved all of these places and they are truly the best historic locations.
6. May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. If you had to participate in a single fitness activity for the next half hour, which activity would you choose? Walking on the beach...but wait I don't live near one....so I will have to settle for walking in a cemetery near my house.
7. What did you like best about the city, town, or neighborhood where you grew up? EVERYTHING! I loved my neighborhood. The people were amazing. I loved my city....it was a small town feel in a big town...but here I am thirty years later and I would not go back for anything. The feeling is not there anymore and the places I grew up are gone....that is progress.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Did you know that tomorrow is National Chocolate Chip Day? What is your favorite way to eat chocolate chips? Do you have an amazing recipe for them??? Want to share? I love Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball. They are best when served with graham crackers. My friend Deborah makes the very best and I love helping her cater weddings where they have been ordered. Click here to get a copy of the recipe I use.
When I am lazy I do it this way.
When I am serving it for people.