Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, July 11, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Belong

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. (On your own blog or in the comments on Lisa Jo's blog).
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::




Belong




I love the word belong.  To me it means to be a part of something bigger than one, bigger than me.  In my life time I have belonged to many organizations, sororities, bible and book study groups, you get my drift.  I am a belonger.  I belong to a family that is large.  I have 96 first cousins.  I belonged to a family that was just my mom, dad, and me.  I belong to a family that consists of myself, my husband, my son, his wife and their four children; my daughter and her husband and son; my daughter and her husband; our daughter and her husband and daughter.  Pretty good amount of people who belong huh?  The most important aspect of the word belong for me is that I belong to God.  I am a child of His.  I belong to a church. John 8:47 tells me, Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”  Yep I think that pretty much covers belong.  I belong to groups, family, and God!

No comments: