Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hodge Podge and Porch People

Welcome to this July edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Add the link to your answers at the end of Joyce's post, then grab your ice cold lemonade and go say hey to all your friends neighbors.


1. July is National Anti-Boredom Month. When was the last time you were bored? What's your go-to cure for boredom?

I am sure it was an inservice sometime before the beginning of school.  I think it was the Growing Dendrites one.  I am rarely bored.  Even when I am in a meeting and feel that bored nemesis rising it's ugly head I always have a pad so I write.  I also always have a book on me so I read.  I never sit in the front of anything so I can do these without distracting the speaker or calling attention to myself.

2. What's the last thing you made a reservation for?
Last reservation was made for the Driftwood Lodge in Panama City Beach for our annual Porch Peoples Memorial Day Blowout!  I also made one that same week for Hotel Smith in Mary Esther, Florida for our annual girls trip.  This year it will be Labor Day weekend.  October 7th I will have reservations in West Palm Beach for the Forest Hill H.S. class of 72 big 60 birthday bash. 

 3. What's one thing on your summer bucket list? Any plans to make it happen?
A trip to Scotland and Alaska.  I am shooting for the year I retire.  It will be a retirement treat.  
Any plans to make it happen? Absolutely.  Look out 2015.

4. What's your favorite summertime sip?
Homemade lemonade or a cold glass of unsweet tea.

 5. What do you find is the best way to handle another person's hostility and hopefully ease the tension?
Walk away. I am a natural born peacemaker and hate conflict.

6. Your favorite film set in summer?
I love Parent Trap too.  I also love Pollyanna.  Current I would have to say Love Song with Miley Cyrus.  It is not her....it is the fact that it is a John Grishom story. 

7. What's a word you're using too much of lately.
It is summer for me and I don't use anything too much right now?  Mail? would be my word to see if another book to review has arrived. 

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.  I am a porch sitter from way back.  There is nothing I love better than sitting on the porch with friends and talking about the world's affairs, or playing music and singing.  In Rock Mills I am part of the Porch People and there is nothing I love better than Marcie's or Sherry's porch gatherings.    What are your thoughts of sitting on a porch?  Good memories?

Photo: TBT - In Monroe, LA with Mary Jo Guillory (Mary Lankford's mom).  This was 20 years ago.

Porch sitting with Mary Jo Guillory about 20 years ago in Monroe, LA.  Below are two of the many Rock Mills Porch People at the Welcome Home Kruze ride.  Marcie has a front porch full of chairs, a swing, and great times.  You always feel welcome there and can stop in without an invitation and set a spell.  Sherry has a back porch full of comfortable rockers, plants, a good breeze, and you get a warm welcome anytime.  I love being a Porch Person.













No comments: