1. What's the last thing you did that could be described as 'taxing'? This one is easy, I
worked on my taxes and got them sent it! Gives me a major headache.
2. If you cold plant a garden of anything, what would be in it? Flowerwise it would have to be Gerber daisies in all colors. Foodwise it would have to be tomatoes.
3. April 10-16 is National Library Week...will you celebrate with a visit to your nearest library? When did you last make a trip to the library? What are you reading right now? What's one title on your want-to-read list? I love the library. I love browsing the shelves, the smell of old books, and checking out real books, I have just finished up Sit, Stay, Love and it was delightful. If you get a chance you must read it. I am currently reading Song of Silence by Cynthia Ruchti.
4. Share a saying or an old wives tale you heard while growing up, you believed to be true or that you paid attention to 'just in case'. Never take a broom along when you move. Throw it out and buy a new one.
5. Are you a fan of onions? Garlic? Ginger? What's a dish you love that contains one, two or all three items listed? Yes,. I like all three and I love Oriental and Italian food which typically contain one or more on the list. I love the ginger dressing on the salad at our favorite restaurant, Mikata's. It is to die for.
6. Where does nurturing end and indulging begin? What are some skills or qualities you think a person needs to posses in order to be viewed as mature? I have to agree with Joyce on this one. I wanted my children to grow up with the expectation they would work for what they wanted in life. I also wanted them to understand there's a difference between needing something and wanting something, a message I think is contrary to what society tells them. When we begin protecting our children from the consequences of their own actions, their laziness, poor planning or lack of planning, we've become indulgent.
7. What leading figure in any field would you like to hear speak, and why? This is a hard question. I would love to hear Billy Graham speak again. He is an amazing speaker and the two times I have heard him I was so impressed with his message.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am going to follow Joyce and use this space again today for my A-Z Blog Challenge post...