Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Friday!

The weekend has arrived and there is about 5 minutes before the bell sounds and the kids leave the building for the weekend. They are as excited as I am. Announcements are on and the kids are so quiet listening to the information droning out of the speaker box. Glazed eyes look at the board....waiting....counting down the minutes until that bell rings and we all run for our cars to get as far away from this place as we can....for a few days. A small reprieve from all the hum drum...end of the year stuff that goes along with school. I will pray that the kids will be safe this weekend....and especially tonight. We have bad weather in the area....and they take it so lightly.

Tomorrow is the New Life Festival at Southern Union in Wadley. I am excited about singing for the district and for Bishop Willomon. I will add that one to my list of life accomplishments....and singing for Kennedy and Nixon.

Sunday is church. I love Sundays. I love getting up early, having my quiet time, going to the Arbor and finishing up in Waverly. Sunday's are real high days for me. It is hard to bring me down then. I love all of the day. I think it is my favorite day of the whole week.

Then comes the Monday's....7 more of them til school is out for the summer. Here I sit...counting the days...wishing my life away....sigh....

Have a great weekend. I know I will!

No comments: