Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Party is Over

The party is over. Yesterday I said goodbye to my intern, Jennifer. We hugged....walked out into the hall....she went left, I went right. I walked quickly so she would not see that I had tears in my eyes. It was a sad moment. Goodbyes always are.

This morning I got to my room and sat in the silence, waiting for Jennifer to come back and fill my room with her smile, her presence, her effervescence...but all I got was silence. It was deafening. The bell rang for first block to arrive and she was still missing. Life had to go on. Hers was.

Jennifer, the intern, was phenomenal. I truly believe she was one of Dr. Barry's best. She had a love for the kids, a love of the language and culture, and a passion for the field. She will make some system a wonderful teacher. I hope it is one close by so I can keep up with her. She came into my room and made it her own. She met the kids and made them hers as well. They tried for her....well for the most part...there are always kids that won't try no matter what....but she handled them too....with the greatest of professionalism. She will be a good teacher....because she has the calling. This is a calling that some wish they had....few actually experience it. Jennifer....she had it!

As today draws to a close....a day without her...I am glad to be back in the saddle again....but sad because my life was touched briefly....by someone who made a difference in my life. Good luck girl! Knock 'em dead whereever you end up. I know you will set the world on fire!

¡Hasta la vista chica!

No comments: