Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, March 30, 2009

Dublin on St. Paddy's Day

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: St. Paddy's Day
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook


We spent St. Patrick's Day in Dublin. It was an unreal experience. I have never seen so many people in one place at one time. You could barely move for the crowds of people. The Today Show was in Dublin on the 17th as well. I stopped and posed for one of their cameras....don't know if I made the cut. We toured the city early that morning with our local guide, Patrick O'Reilly. He was a retired police officer and what a character. He had the coolest caterpillar eyebrows. I loved him. After our tour we went to find a place to watch the parade. It was amazing trying to wiggle our ways into the group so we could see. After the parade we ate lunch at TOGO's. It was nothing extraordinary...just a sandwich. We went back to Molly Malone to meet the group to go see the Book of Kells at Trinity College. After touring Trinity we headed for the Hard Rock Cafe at Temple Bar. I need a pin from Dublin. Hard Rock was the happening place...every nut in the city was in the restaurant....dancing....and singing....and being loud and obnoxious. We shopped some more then headed back to Molly Malone to meet up with the group for supper. Supper tonight was at the Portabello. We had a delicious roast with potatoes meal and a strange apple pie thing with a mango drizzle. I love apple pie....but that one was hard for me to eat. Back to the IMI to pack up and get ready to leave for Wales in the morning. I love Dublin. I love Ireland and will miss it when we leave it in the morning.

4 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I can only imagine St Pats in Oreland! Wow! To say you were there, pretty cool. What fun! I have so enjoyed going on this tour with you by way of your blog. I have enjoyed the sights, the food, all if it. Thanks!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Ireland

Sweet Tea said...

I just love to hear about your trip. It sounds magical. Please keep it coming - I want all the details!

Janet, said...

Hi, I linked over from your comment on Appalachian History. Wow, I envy your trip to Ireland. My ancestors are Scotch Irish, they came over to the Appalachian Mtns. in the 1700s and we have been here ever since. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.