Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Killarney, Ireland

Sunday, we took a Jarvey ride into Killarney National Park. It was so much fun. A Jarvey is a horse drawn wagon.....our driver, Kevin was precious. We were pulled by an Irish draft horse named Seattle Slew....sound familiar. One of the stops was at an old castle which I am showing on this page. To the right of the castle was a beautiful lake with swans floating on the the water. There was a fine Irish mist in the moor and it was a perfect day. What a great way to celebrate Sunday....God's day.....out in the world experiencing all His glory. After our Jarvey ride we headed into the Ring of Kerry. Our first stop would be a bog house in the bog village. At the bog village they harvest turf that is used for cooking and heating. It has a distinct smell....kind of comforting....kind of choking. We also visited the Red Fox Inn while we were there and had a touch of Irish coffee. Yumm Yummm! It does not taste anything like it does in the states. It was so good. Shopping for some quick souvenirs and then back on the bus for the next leg of our trek through the ring. There were so many cool places to see and to visit. I can't wait to fill you in on the rest of them.

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What a photo! That's awesome! I envy you!