Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Granny McCain

Let me tell you about my Granny McCain. She was a straightrazor toting woman. She lived with my little Grandmother on my momma's side of the family and lived to be just shy of 100 years old. I come from a long line of longevity. Anyways, one summer several of the grandkids were visiting Grandmother Prophitt. Granny McCain had a trunk in her room that was full of goodies for little girls to play with. Clothes, hats, shawls, gloves...they were all there hiding in the chest. Amanda, Terry, Linda, and I were all there....and we wanted to get into that chest. The only problem we had was that little Grandmother had told us we could not cross the threshold and bother Granny McCain. So we stood at the door like little children outside the candy store....with begging in our eyes...trying to get her to ask us in.....She was eating chocolate. It looked like Hershey squares and we wanted some of the chocolate....at that moment...even more than the trunk....so we asked her sweetly, "Granny, can we haf sum choclate?" Equally as sweet she held out two squares a piece. Granny was a few fries shy of a happy meal because she had dementia. AND....I need to tell you....that at this very moment...I was the oldest child....and only 6...the youngest was 3....and the chocolate....wasn't chocolate....least of all not Hersheys. It was Ex-Lax. We each ate two squares of a laxative....and my grandmother only had one bathroom in her house at the time. It was not a pretty sight. We were all very sick and my poor grandmother had to take care of all four of us. To this day...I do not like Hersheys bars.....nor Ex-Lax.

1 comment:

Xazmin said...

That is so hilarious!