Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Snowing!

I love the sound the earth makes when it is snowing. There is so much silence and peace. I hate cold weather...but love a day or so of enjoying the pristine whiteness of snow. I also love Robert Frost's poem called, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening Even when I was a child in Florida I have always thought this poem was awesome. It filled my head with visions of what a snow day would look like and today, we cancelled school because we got snow. Now just a dusting of snow, but four full inches. It is majestic. So majestic, in fact, that I just had to share my favorite poem and some photos of my house.
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

I thought these little snowballs on the ends of trimmed limbs were just the cutest things ever. How perfect they were. I had about 25 of them and just thought it was almost like God was making little snowballs to throw at the birds and squirrels so that they could enjoy the white powder too.
I love how the snow lays on the tree limbs too. It is as if it is frosting them. Everywhere I looked in my yard there was beautiful, clean, virginal snow and I enjoyed sitting in front of my picture window with a cup of coffee and relishing in all the snow glory. Happy Friday to all...and if it is snowing where you are...drive carefully!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Love the pic of your house.

We don't get that pristine powder very often in our neck of the woods.

Sweet dreams.

Sweet Tea said...

Loved your photos and the POEM! Yes, we got snow yesterday and last night and it was beautiful, but is quickly melting now leaving lots of mud behind. Enjoy it while you have it, GF!!