Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, March 5, 2010

"Be Still...and Know..."

Psalms 46:10 says, 10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth." Today is my be still day. I took today off from work because I am exhausted. I am exhausted to the bone...emotionally, mentally, and physically. I, who never sleep past 6, actually slept until close to 10 today. I have to admit that it felt awesome. I woke up feeling better than I have felt in a while. Susan and I had coffee, dressed, and ran errands that I have to take care of. We bought flowers for my dad's and brother's graves and went to the cemetary and placed them. We went to Walmart, Roses, and Longleaf and then went home and chilled until Chuck got back from his Pawn Shop excursion with Hugh (Hutch) Mask. Hugh thought Chuck might want to have some male bonding time since Frank was working and I have to admit it was great to have some alone time with Susan. After we all got back to the house we drove to Lanett for one final gathering of family to celebrate the birthdays of Ramona, Elin, Drew and Wheeler. Drew and Wheeler were actually one during the last couple of weeks...but things got tossed by the wayside because of my aunts illness and death. It was like a wake latino style. We all gathered...some 20+ of us at Del Rios and ate, laughed, cried, visited, and said goodbyes...some would be heading home in the morning. Most of us have been tied up with Bethany House for the past week and a half and it is time to return to life as we knew it. Monday...we will all return to work...and pick up where life stopped on Tuesday, March 2nd. Thank you all for your prayers and sweet comments. Happy Friday and I hope you too take some time to be still this weekend!