Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My House Hates Company

I discovered today that my house hates company. It does not mind small groups of two or three...but if the crowd gets much bigger than that it completely shuts down. When my dad died, the toilet AND sink in the guest bathroom stopped working. The toilet flooded like the Great Flood of Noah's time and the sink just stopped....period. We put a new flapper on the toilet and seal around the base. A plumber had to be called to fix the sink...Hey...House...we have people here...we need things working! I entertained somewhere between 50 - 75 people during that time with one completely working bathroom. We all thought that day was rather humorous...after the fact of course...BUT enough is enough. Today, Susan(my dear friend from Tennessee) and I were feeding the masses for my Aunt Shirley's funeral....and you are not going to believe this...the flapper on the toilet...in the guest bathroom messed up AGAIN! It has only been four months since the last time....but...the sink was fine! Whooo Hooo....reason to celebrate....or so I thought. I had to run pick up a DVD that was being made for us...and when I returned Chuck, Susan's precious husband, was gone....to the hardward store AGAIN...it seems the sink in the kitchen (you know the one you have to have to cook)...was non functional. We cooked yesterday...washing what we needed in the bathroom sink...while Chuckles worked on the sink. This is one of the disadvantages of an older house...stuff tears up. Oh....two of my dining room chairs broke too...it just is not my day....but you have to laugh....This would only happen to me! Happy Thursday to All. Maybe nothing else will happen this weekend!

3 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

When it rains, it pours!! What a pain in the patootie!!!! Hugs and at least you still have your sense of humor, right?

Sweet Tea said...

With all the things you've had going on lately you certainly don't need plumbing problems. Get some rest this weekend - you AND the house!

Trina said...

Oh no! I know it was a pain at the time, but at least you can laugh now.