Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Morning Charm

I love photographing tablescapes. This morning I was planning out a birthday party for my friend Debbie. She will be 50 tomorrow. I wanted my table to be cheerful and happy so I got out a incomplete set of yellow dishes my mom had up in her house and went to work. My Charm glassware is green and sits in the hutch so I wanted the yellow to kind of blend with it. I had found four green striped placemats in the hutch at mom's house too, the yellow daisies I purchased at the Dollar Tree. It took four bunches to get the right amount and the yellow pail I picked up at the Mission Thrift Store for twenty-five cents. What a find! The glasses are just a set of Walmart glasses. I think at one time I gave somewhere around $7.00 for them. The photograph is where Debbie will sit and it is a picture of she and my dad at an Old Fashioned Sunday. The white little ginger jar is going to be her gift. I bought it at Big Lots for less than 10.00. I hope she likes the presentation. I seem to be all about presentation since I started checking out Mid-Atlantic Martha, Edie Marie's Attic, and Tales of Bloggeritaville's Thursday Tablescapes. I never knew setting a table could be so much fun. It has become a treasure hunt trying to find just exactly what I am looking for, for the perfect table. As you all know I have Blue Garland China and when I did my last tablescape I used Crystal I bought in Ireland. What I am looking for is some smoky blue glasses...I think Fostoria makes a set...they would really enhance the blue flowered garland on the dish. Oh well. I am hitting some antique/junk shops/thrift stores today...looking for booth items....but maybe I will luck out and find something for me. Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty your table looks -- it will be so special for your friend! I'm so glad that you had fun - it certainly gives you a new "eye" for thrifting. Thanks for mentioning my blog -- hope to see you over on Tablescape Thursdays at the dish party!

Sweet Tea said...

That tablescape is quite impressive. Way to Go! You really did a great job and I love hearing where you found all your things. It looks very expensive - who would know? Enjoy the Celebration!

Trina said...

Fun! And very pretty!

Even though I'm not ready for spring break to be over, I'll be glad to get back to our convo over coffee every morning. =)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yellow is my favoritest color so I totally LOVE your tablescape! Bravo!!!