This week my friend over at 2nd Cup of Coffee listed her Random questions and I was not going to participate this week....but after thinking about it a while...just could not resist. So enjoy my responses.
1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay? I have a pair, they are Nine Wests and look very good on my foot. They do not run up my calf or anything weird, they are just simple and look fine on me. I say if you can pull them off....wear them. I did see a lady at Walmart last week...with the ones that lace up the calf...she had large calves and cankles...for her...NO! Come on people look at yourself in the mirror.
2. What is your favorite pizza? Supreme...hold the anchovies. I am not a huge pizza fan. I love Mellow Mushroom, CiCi's, Shakey's. I just don't want it on a regular basis.
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could? Gibbs car in NCIS...it is a flash from the past. I would actually settle for his coffee cup, or unfinished boat.
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for. In Alexander City, AL it would have to be Cecil's Public House. They are listed on the 100 places to eat before you die registry for Alabama....noted for their blackened catfish and it is awesome. If you are ever down this way and get there...tell Stacey that Karen sent you. Who knows...you might get a free one of her to die for desserts.
5. What is your current favorite snack? cranraisins
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.") Why can't I chose none? I would not ever want to be on a reality show...but if I had too...it would have to be a singing one (I can do that)....or Amazing Race....my husband would be thrilled. I don't Dance....I am NOT going to be seen in a spandex anything...and I have never liked Survivor...so Amazing Race it is!
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior? Definitely not a 10, I live out of my car...especially since Frank preaches at Waverly...and I am not home Monday - Thursday evenings due to bowling, band, biblestudy....but it is not a 1 either...maybe a 5 or 6.
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until I am wearing flip flops.
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is the shananigans of the girls at bowling last night.
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward. I am working toward retirement. I want to retire from the school system and then manage a bookstore/bakery somewhere...the kind where you go in, get a book, read it on one of the overstuffed couches, drink coffee, maybe buy a book, and spend hours.
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week. 'Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the number of moments that take your breath away'
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you. Love them.