Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dancing Queens

In 2006, my best friend Mary and my daughter Kat and I were part of a group that went to Italy.  We took some high school seniors with us for 9, count them 9, glorious days and nights in Italy.  The tour was called Bella Italia and believe me it was all that and more. There is something about sharing Italy for the first time with two people you love.  Kat is like a sponge and absorbs everything she comes in contact with, Italy was no exception.  Before we left she had gone online and learned some important Italian phrases....I, on the other hand, figured I could bluff my way through using Spanish....and it worked....but by the time we left Kat's command of the Italian language was impressive.  We stopped one night in Rome and while we were out and about came upon a street dance.  It was complete with artists, music, mimes, the whole nine yards and the next thing I knew I was standing in the crowd clapping as my daughter and her other mother were dancing with the revelers in the middle of the street.  I loved it and snapped a quick pic for future reference....or blackmail.  I don't know how we got seperated from the rest of the group for a few hours....but it was great fun and I loved experiencing Italy Italian style...everyone should do it sometime.  If you have never been to Europe....especially Italy you should go.  Who knows...maybe you will be the next dancing queen!

4 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Love it!!! I can't imagine how it's going to feel to finally have my dream come true. I didn't want to just visit....I HAD TO LIVE THERE!! I truly feel it's my destiny!!!!!

And......I can't wait!!!!

I love Abba too!

Sweet Tea said...

WOW!!
Thanks for the smile.
Great memory and Great photo!!

Julie D said...

I love your new picture on your avatar when commenting on my blog. Hot mama!!!!

Mary said...

That's the thing about going to another country...learning what the locals do! Looks like you had a great times!