It is time for the weekly dose of Random Dozen. I have to be honest and say I really look forward to Linda, over at 2nd Cup of Coffee's post every Tuesday. Then I love to sit back and see what my other bloggie buddies are going to post. The questions are always thought provoking in a funny kind of way. Todays are kind of deep...but you can make of them what you wish.
1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid? Nope! I don't get lost. I go exploring and have since I was a child. I must admit I have ended up in some rather quirky places though...while (clears throat) exploring. :-)
2. Have you ever been to an island? Yes - all the islands of Lake Martin, two of the Hawaiian islands, the Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, the Keys...and a few unnamed.3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler? I am a feeler. My emotional side rules my life. When my dad was so sick and I was going to have to tell him it was ok to let go....my HEAD knew what to do...but my HEART was not having any of it.
4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray? Gray is one of my favorite shades....although...sepia is becoming one of my new favs. I can see issues in black and white if it is cut and dry...but I also realize that everything in life is not always black and white...sometimes the edges run and things become gray.
5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.) It would have to be a Beth Moore. With that and the Bible I would be set.
6. What are you most afraid of? Falling...and not like down....falling from a great height. I tried to overcome it one year by doing a hang gliding (suicidal) drop. It did not work. I told God on the way down if he would allow me to live to touch the ground...I would never try this again. I have lived up to my promise.
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones? Wow....this is where my mom is right now. This is Altzheimers Disease....or you are watching 50 First Dates with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. I would love to always keep my old memories....for therein lies who I am....but the thought of not making new ones is sad....therein lies who I will become. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE ANY OF THEM!
8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them? One of me as a child (what will I be? This would show a beginning place), High School graduation (Oh happy day - the day I set out in the world), and then one of me now(see what I have become)
9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.) Most people would think I would say....not have a first weddding....but I won't...cause without my first one....I would not have my absolutely awesome daughter. I am fortunate in a way though. I had a chance to do re-do. Wedding one...husband one...sweet day in a small country United Methodist church...it snowed...we were broke....went to Franklin,GA for our honeymoon and stayed at the Chattahootchee Motel...the only thing I would re-do...is that blasted green sherbet punch. I hate that frothy stuff. Wedding two - huband two...was perfect. We married at the end of our Praise and Worship Service....we invited a few special people...but for the most part...the congregation was just unsuspecting attenders of the service. When the time came for people to join the church....we met in the front and got married. I had sung on stage...and Frank had run the sound the whole service from upstairs. My friends put together a wonderful reception....and it was just perfect. I would not change a thing!
10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness. I believe that I am a forgiven Child of God....and because I am....I need to practice forgiveness with others. I struggle with forgiveness...I find it hard to forgive myself sometimes...even after God has forgiven me.
11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time? I keep a pad in my purse and I write....I write about the people waiting....I write about whatever goes through my mind, I also read and sometimes...talk to people around me....but only if they invite me into their lives.
12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better? I would hope she is a good friend...always there for hers....better...I would hope her self-esteem is higher.
Happy Tuesday to all! I am off to be interviewed by the SACS (Southern Accredidation of Colleges and Schools) team. I am a nervous wreck...glad I had Random Dozen today.