Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Day In The Life

It is late and I am so sleepy.  I had to take a Benadryl because the farm next door cut their hay this week and stirred it up today so hay is in the air and my throat is closing (I am singing tomorrow), I am sneezing, my eyes are itching, and there is junk in my head I don't want.  Today, we ate breakfast at the Farm House with Beth and Ron.  If you are ever in the Roanoke area and want a good country breakfast...served in little aluminum pie pans then you need to eat here.  It is right on Hwy 22, so it is easy to find.  After breakfast we headed to the big event of the day.  The Animal Rescue League was having their gigundous book sale.  They have one twice a year and it is a monumental me on this one.  If you like to read....this is the place to be.  $17.00 later, Frank and I headed back to the house to get the key we had forgotten and then we headed on to my parents house to see what needed to be done now that Eric has moved in.  The ride to Kellyton was glorious!  Eric has done amazing things at my can actually see the kitchen cabinets...and it is CLEAN!  I was in shock and actually walked out of the room and came back in...because I did not believe my eyes the first time.  I have not seen the cabinet tops in over 3 years.  AMAZING!  We grabbed a bite for lunch at Arby's in Alex City and then came home via Dadeville to see the damage.  It was horrific...and can you believe Dadeville and Elmore Counties were not qualified for FIMA!!!!!  Come on!  I called Beth to see if we were going to practice....she was in we decided to go to the house and wait....That is what we thought!  We let the dog out....and had just sat down when there was a toot in the was Marcie and Lyndi and they wanted us to go to LaGrange with them to the Sock Shoppe.  We had tried last Sunday....but the mall was closed for Easter.....Imagine that.  I grabbed my purse and we headed out the door, only to return four hours later.  I got several new pairs of capri's, some really cool socks, a pair of royal blue sequined Yellow Boxes....AND....some of the cutest red flip flops...made out of.....get this....YOGA MATS!  I finished up my graduation shopping at Serendipity....well all but Taylor's present...he is a boy...and Serendipity is definitely a girls place.  We met up with a friend that Marcie works with...and I have adopted....and had a coke will Lyndi finished up her shopping.  She has a job now.  We came home, went to Walmart and got the food I am going to prepare for our churches Homecoming, came BACK home, I cooked some hotdogs for supper, deviled some eggs....and cleaned up the kitchen.  This is my last big event for bed.  Night Night all and I hope you had as fun a day as I did!


Mary said...

Sounds like you had a quite a day of shopping! Eric's been busy, huh? I'm going to have to check out Yellow Boxes...I have no clue what they are!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a busy day! Sounds like fun though.

Sweet Tea said...

What a fun day of "this and that" & "here and there" with a variety of people. We all need those occassional days frivolity!!