Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Project 365 - April 10th - 17th

This is my offering from April 10th - April 17th.  It is not what I had planned to shoot but it is what I ended up shooting.  This was my Spring Break week and Frank and I were going to Knoxville and then on to Nashville to see friends and family.  Monday, our first official day away we were called back to Alex City because my mom had passed away.  Sara is so gracious to host this each week and if you want to see some great pictures hop over to her blog and check out all the links.  You won't be sorry.
Sunday, April 10th
 On Hwy 53 between Rome and Calhoun, GA there are two beautiful gates and I had to get Frank to stop so I could get a picture of one of them.  The other gate, which is a tree, was opened so we could not get it this trip.  I am sure though that there will be other trips to Tennessee in the future and I will catch it then.
This little pup(dripping with sarcasm) is Susan's next door neighbor.  It is as tall as the fence....a small horse.  There are two of them in the yard and frighten me because of their size.
Monday, April 11th

Pink and Red Dogwoods from Susan's front yard in Knoxville

Wild azalea's from the woods behind Charlie and Jane's house on Deadrick Road in Knoxville.

Pine cones blossoming.  I have never noticed them before.

My new toy.  It is a Ruger Mark II.  We went out to Charlie and Jane's to target practice.

 Frank's new toy.  It is a Bersa 380.  We had a great time.  Frank had to buy Chuck and I a drink because we both got closer to the bull's eye than he did.
Trillium that I found out at  the target area.  It is so pretty.  I would love to have transplanted it in Alabama.

Tuesday, April 12th 
This is the prayer shawl that Robin sent to me.  She is a Project 365'er.  I thought my mom would love one.  It arrived the day she died.  Kathryn is taking it to another alzheimer patient.  Robin sent the sweetest note to my mom and I will cherish her precious words forever.  This is what blogging is all about....showing compassion and love for people you have never physically met.  Thanks Robin for this gesture.
Wednesday, April 13th


A rose from my side yard.  It is called a Confederate rose and they are really pretty when they bloom.  Melissa, my cousin from Nashville is getting ready for the viewing.
Thursday, April 14th
Four of my best guys.  Randy, Brian, Frank and Chuck.

Amanda, Susan, and Kat at the cemetary.
Friday, April 15th
 Girls gone wild on Randy's trike!
I was going to tell you that this is what Frank gave me for my birthday.....but....I remembered that I am a preacher's wife and should not tell a lie.

Chuck holding his man-bag (actually it is my purse) while the guys watched us do the Trike photo shoot.

Saturday, April 16th




Today we had Ron's surprise 70th birthday party.....and boy was he surprised.  He thought it was a surprise party for me.  Frank had asked him to pick me up because the story I had been told was that Beth (his wife) and I were going to practice music and then when Frank got close he would call and the four of us were going out to dinner.  The surprise was...I knew all this...and my job was to hold him at my house until everyone got there.  Ron's girls from Florida were all here and all of Beth's kids were there too.  He was so excited about the surprise I was going to have....and was stunned when he realized...it was HIS surprise party.  What a great way to end a really hard week.  I loved it. 

6 comments:

sara said...

Sounds like a very up and down week.

praying for you as you miss your mom.

I do have to say that I laughed when I saw the gun...your new toy!!! I love it! however, do you know I have never shot a gun in my life?

RaD said...

Awww... That's awesome how you guys surprised him.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I know she was sick for a while.

That "trike" looks like fun.

I would never have taken you for a gun person, but if you enjoy it, go for it!

Mimi said...

It sounds like you're holding up well.

Hugs & love,
Mimi

The Bug said...

I know this was a really hard week, but your pictures are a great reminder that life goes on - especially that surprise party.

I'm listening to the music from your newer post - I think we need to hear YOU singing these songs :)

Lori said...

love the nature pictures. sometimes the best way to deal with what you can't control is the remember that you can't control nature and look how beautiful that turns out

H-Mama said...

so sorry to hear about your mom. such a thoughtful blanket. love it.