Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond is once again hosting Hodgepodge. This is week number 23 and she has some really good questions this week. Read mine and then jump on over to her blog and check out everyone elses.1. What are your plans for Easter day/weekend?
Wednesday, Frank is preaching at Roanoke First at 12 and I won't get to hear him because I am at school. We have youth tonight at church and then I am going home to crash. Thursday is Maundy Thursday service, and Friday is Good Friday service. Saturday we are having an Easter egg hunt for the Rock Mills children. Sunday morning at 6 is Sunrise service, followed by breakfast, and regular services at 11. I cannot wait!
2. Besides Jesus, what one person from the Bible would you most like to meet and why?
Jonah and Peter because both of them navigated a life interrupted at some point in their life and I have so many questions for them.
3. What is one modern day convenience you didn't have as a child that was easy to live without?
Mine would definitely be cell phone. I tend to ignore mine anyways. I like having it when I am on the road....and that is about it.
4. Are you more right brained or left brained? If you're not sure what that means there is an interesting little quiz here.
I went over and took the test even though I already knew the answer. I do have several left brain tendencies 40%but I am a right brained person 60%.
The quiz said "You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist." Poor Frank!
5. What is one thing you intended to do today but didn't?
Stay at home? I really wanted to. ...but alas...I had to go to work. Maybe I will shoot for tomorrow.
6. Cadbury Creme Eggs or Reeses Peanut Butter?
Duh....both! I refuse to chose here.
7. Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a child?
Speedy Gonzales, Mighty Mouse, and Yogi Bear/Boo Boo
8. Insert your own random thought here. What is your most special Easter memory? Mine was the year I first got a real chocolate bunny. I suffered from food allergies as a child and could not have chocolate....or I would have an asthma attack. I was actually 13 when I got my first brown chocolate bunny....and it was delicious. I can also tell you about my favorite dress that same year....it came from Worth Avenue (sale rack)...and it was the palest of pinks. I loved it. Have a great Wednesday!