Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Friday Night Date on Monday Night

Last night Frank and I had our Friday night date....except it was Monday night.  We ran a few errands early in the morning in Roanoke after Dale came to work on our house.  About 2:30 we headed to Auburn.  I wanted to exchange some blouses we bought in Mobile, I wanted to get Frank some plaid shorts I saw on a television Penny's ad, and I wanted to check out a new consignment shop called Sydney's.....and then we were planning to take advantage of Red Lobsters 15.00 Summer Extraveganza and try the four course meal they were offering.  I figured the meal would be smaller portions since you were getting four course for less than two courses cost.  Boy, was I surprised.  Course one - I had potato bacon soup and Frank had New England clam chowder.  It was a full serving and really good.  I could have actually stopped there.  Course two was our salads and cheese bisquits (I love those things).  Course three was the entree - I had fried shrimp (expected maybe 9...they were nice size shrimp....not popcorn size)....I got 20! Frank had wood-grilled shrimp skewers and habañero shrimp bites....he got two skewers of 6-8 shrimp and a plate full of the little bites....plus cole slaw and rice pilaf.  Course four - Thank heavens....this is where they did hold back a bit....it was just perfect....it was a to die for browni wedge, with a scoop of ice cream, and then chocolate and caramel sauce drizzled over the entire thing.  Frank and I had a great time.  The service was phenomenal and our waitress Kim was the best.  I got to see a former student (he has already graduated from college) named Jimmy and catch up briefly,  I got to flirt with my husband shamefully, and it did not cost us an arm and a leg.  The 15.00 we paid for the meal was definitely date night price....but a lot easier on the pocketbook than some of the plates Red Lobster serves.  All in all a wonderful time was had by all.  I love date nights with my husband!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like a cheap, good time! I wondered about how much food you got with the special.

Sweet Tea said...

It's great to actually get some value for what you spend, isn't it? Love those biscuits!!

Mimi said...

It sounds like a great day & that deal sounds awesome!

Hugs & love,
Mimi