From This Side of the Pond and linking up at the bottom of her post (after reading naturally) and then hop over to check out some of the other blogger participants and see what they have to say.
1. What makes you stand to your feet and cheer? Soldiers either deploying and coming home....and sporting events when the game is exciting and something unexplained happens.
2. What's your favorite patriotic song?
Of the traditional songs I love the Star Spangled Banner and I love America the Beautiful. Of the non traditional songs I would have to choose Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA."
3. Do you believe that opposites attract? If you have a significant other are you opposites?
100% do I believe this. Frank and I are opposites. He is math brained and I am liberal arts brained. He is very sure of himself. I am not always. He completes me and I complete him. I think together we make a whole and that is what marriage is all about.
4. You're going to get a behind the scenes look someplace-where would you like that someplace to be? Donald Trumps Mar-A-Laga in Palm Beach, FL. All my life I have ridden by the place and wondered what it looked like on the inside. I have seen pictures....but I would love to walk in the doors and really look around.
5. How far would you have to travel to ride a carousel (merry-go-round)? 20 miles to ride the Christmas Carousel in Valley, AL. I like carousels but would not go out of my way to ride one.
6. When was the last time you saw fireworks? What was the occasion? Do you enjoy fireworks?
Fourth of July 2009 at the Lake Martin Ampitheater and it stormed terribly to the point that they had to delay them. Nothing like being outside on a hill watching it lightening.(NOT). I enjoy fireworks and have since I was a child....when they are done by professionals. I don't enjoy standing out in the yard popping them. My favorite fireworks show was July 4th, 2002 at Thunder on the Hooch. Still Magnolias were the headlines of the big fourth show and as I finished singing and as the first firework went off....Frank proposed to me. That was a bang up Fourth of July. One I will never forget.
7. Of all the 'beauty products' you own, what item do you consider to be the most overpriced?
I don't have a lot of beauty products because I don't use them....but of some that I do have it would have to be the Bare Minerals. I was given some for Christmas several years ago...and did a crazy thing and went and bought some more. Griefus that stuff is high.
8. We are so fortunate to live in such a great country. I have traveled it extensively (48 of 50) states and I have also been to other countries and I have to admit there is nowhere more beautiful and I love this country. Happy Fourth! Stay safe and have fun!
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
1 year ago