It is Wednesday once again and my last free one of the summer. I will be hard at work next week. I hopeyou will read through my answers to Joyce's prompts then go over to her blog, From This Side of the Pond, and check out everyone else's. You learn a great deal about people by what they say on a blog.
1. Share a favorite song lyric -Ok...that is asking a lot for me. I have many many song lyric favorites. I guess because of what all has been going on in my life over the course of the last two years....the lyrics to Shackles by Mary Mary would have to be my choice.
"Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance. I just wanna praise you I just wanna praise you. You broke the chains now I can lift my hands, And I'm gonna praise you I'm gonna praise you. In the corners of mind I just can't seem to find a reason to believe. That I can break free Cause you see I have been down for so long Feel like all hope is gone But as I lift my hands, I understand That I should praise you through my circumstance!" Can I get an Amen on that one?
2. When was the last time someone yelled at you?
My mom was the last person to yell at me....and that was right before my dad died two years ago. I do not tolerate yelling well.
3. Money, fame, happiness...are they mutually exclusive?
I don't think they are mutually exclusive. People with money can be happy. People with money can be miserable. It is how you use the money and for what cause. I do believe fame changes the whole mix of money to happiness ratio. It seems that fame throws a huge monkey wrench into the whole plan. Fame seems to bring out the ugliness in people and once that happens...happiness goes into hiding.
4. What is your favorite dish to prepare for family/friends that doesn't involve turning on the stove, oven, or an outdoor grill?
I do a cucumber, onion and balsamic vinegar marinated salad that is usually a hit and very simple. It tops off a heavy meal with a light touch.
5. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week. What is one thing you could do this week to simplify your life? Will you do it
Get my office in order, and I have it in my plans.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being 100% and 1 being not at all) how tuned in are you to your country's national political scene?
I would have to say somewhere between an 8 or 9. There is a great deal I do not understand and will possibly never understand. For example, why does the middle class support all the brunt of tax hikes and such? Why are the uppers exempt from so much? I have to stop here...my blood pressure is rising.
7. What are your final parting words to the month of July?
Carpe Diem - Sieze the Day! I have just a few more days left of summer vacay and going to make them count.
8. My SMAK trip to Cape Cod was wonderful. It was so great getting together with three of my favorite people. I love traveling with them....I also love traveling with my daughter Kat. We have traveled all over the world together, with or without others. I could go anywhere with her and enjoy every minute. My usual summer buddy has been in the hospital all summer and it has felt weird to me. Mary is very sick and has been in the hospital literally all summer. I have missed our summer escapades and cannot wait for her to get better so we can resume our bucket list....and then there is Frank. I love traveling with him. He is fun, lets me sing, takes me cool places, and loves to shop. I have big plans for him in the future. I am seeing Alaska in my glass ball. I am fortunate I have a wealth of traveling buddies in my life. Who is your favorite traveling companion....and why?