Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hodge Podge Week 39

Here we are...week 39 of the year and another Wednesday Hodge Podge is posted.  We will be in meetings all day pretty much.  Tomorrow the kids will be there.  Then...Friday I am off to attend the Women of Faith Conference in Atlanta with my daughter Kat.  I cannot wait.  Want to participate?  Just head over to Joyce's blog and join the fun.
1. If you could work for any one government agency which would you choose and why?  Department of Education.  I think they need people in there who have worked in the system and know the problems and might actually know of ways to work them out.  It is ridiculous that most of the people who work there are not associated with education at all.
2. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?  I struggle with this one a lot....I usually do get around to forgiveness.....but it may take a while.3. What is your favorite meatless supper?  A plate of vegetables....fresh from the garden.  I want fresh tomatoes, peas, squash, yummmy.  
4. Wednesday August 10th is National Lazy Day...will you be celebrating? If so, tell us how so we can be lazy too.  I will not be celebrating.  This is the last day before the students come on Thursday.  I will be busting my but making sure everything is ready.
5. As a child did you have any special back to school traditions and if so, what were they? If you're a parent did you carry on those traditions with your own children? Our only tradition when I was a kid was the annual first day of school picture.  I hated it as a kid....but carried it on with my own children.  I think they hated it as much as I did.
6. Write a summer tongue twister. It is shocking to shell out the singles while school supply shopping.  Sheesh!
7. Would you be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse brings out the needle?  No observing for me. I am the one who turns my head.  I don't do blood at all....or pain.  Hence why I have no tatoo.  My friend Mary can't be stitched when she has surgery and so she has to heal from the inside out....and I can do everything for her...except pack that wound.  It makes me light headed.
8. Who was your favorite teacher(s) and why?  I have several...Mrs. Freeman/Davidson - first grade.  She treated me like a person and invited me to learn.  Mrs. Lohr - third grade - she was beautiful and I loved her.  She let me help her in class.  Miss Reynolds - 5th grade - I made her a cake and she took a picture of it and made a slide about it.  She was fun and beautiful.  Dr. Watson B. Duncan III - PBJC - he is the reason I teach today.  I loved the man.  So leave me a comment about your favorite teacher.  I can't wait to read them.  Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Love your tongue twister! So true!

I had many favorites (I loved school) but my most favorite was Mrs. Ousler, first grade...I wanted to go home with her. Miss Ruggeri in grade 4 was a close 2nd.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Karen!

This was a fun post. As for me I would like to be President and acquire some honest people to run the country... just for starts!

Have a grand time on your ladies trip, I'm sure it will be awesome.

Hugs & traveling mercies, Sherry

Amiee said...

I agree that there should be people in charge of education who have actually worked in the system!

I hope you have a great start to the new school year :)

Love Bears All Things said...

I enjoyed your answers.....I have actually observed several surgeries and births as part of my nurse training.
Enjoy the conference. I've attended these with my daughter several times and we always have a good time.
Mama Bear

Sweet Tea said...

Favorite Teacher - My high school English Teacher, my Senior year, Mrs. Rodgers. She was very young and had only been out of college for a couple of years. She thought all ideas were good ideas and never belittled anyone. I felt she empowered me and helped me find my voice.