1. What is something that bothers you if its not done perfectly? There is not a lot that bothers me if it is not done perfectly. I get aggravated when something is NOT done at all…but perfectly….I am not perfect….I probably bother people more than they bother me.
2. Do you think a 6th sense exists? Explain. I do believe in a 6th Sense…I just call it women’s intuition. I feel things…and can’t explain them….I also dream dreams that come true…and from time to time have seen aura’s of people….usually it was when I needed to stay away from someone….I believe God is behind all of this. Some people might call it discernment...whatever you call it….I believe it exists in some of us.
3. Do you say your goodbyes slowly, quickly, or not at all? I am one of those people that it depends on the situation for. In general…I say regular ones….not slowly…but not fast. It is usually a hug or hand shake….and parting words of some sort. I have to be honest and say I really hate goodbyes. I remember when Frank told me I had to tell my dad goodbye so he would know it was ok to let go and go to heaven. It took me two weeks to get the gumption up to say it. When I did my dad was gone in less than a week. He told me right before he died that he was waiting for me to tell it was ok to leave.
4. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being hot hot hot, what level of spice do you like in your food? What is your favorite spicy dish? I am a 2 maybe 3 at the most. I love Hispanic food….but they don’t love me. My favorite spicy dish is Lori Forbus’s white chicken chili.
5. What is one of your all time favorite commercial jingles? Wow that is a tough one….I love commercials. ...sometimes better than the programs. I am product of the 50’s-60’s. The Frito Bandito commercial was my favorite. I still sing it. Favorite today....the etrading baby who sings, "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've seen." You got to love it!
6. Plane, train, boat or auto...your preferred method of travel? I love them all. Car is my all time favorite so I can get out and explore when I want to. Some of my most favorite memories involve a road trip and family. Got to love it!
7. What is something you take for granted? Health. After the episode with Mary this summer you just never know what is going to strike you, were and when.
8. Insert Your Own Random Thought here - Did you Know that today is National Kiss and Make Up Day or national Banana Split Day? I didn’t either….but I have found that just about every day has some goofy holiday to be celebrated. This particular one struck my fancy. It seems that according to Google, “The world is full of little worries, seemingly insignificant irritations that over time can amount to their negative expression on the people closest to you. The things that you do on a daily basis not only add to your multidimensional attributes thereby developing your character and individuality, but also tend to become important aspects of your relationships. And while the tests and tribulations of friendships, family ties, romantic relationships, and life partnerships are all a part of the life cycle, it is often easy to overlook the little annoyances, idiosyncrasies, and character differences that keep people continually distant from one another. Letting your irritation rub off unnecessarily on the people around you means risking the creation of long-standing rifts that are difficult to mend. Take a preemptive step in maintaining your relationships by commemorating Kiss-and-Make-Up Day, the basis for which is that keeping one's relationships in constant repair is the way to keep them strong! I kind of like this idea….and think it should be a daily thing. I personally like spending most of my time and energy appreciating the special qualities of my loved ones rather than dwelling on changing them as a person….or dwelling on a relationship that just is not going to happen. I can honestly say that in the 8+ years Frank and I have been married….we have never had a fight, we have never gone to bed angry, and have never yelled at each other. I am not saying we have always agreed on everything…but we handle it in a loving manner. What about you?