Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday Hodge Podge Vol 42

Welcome to another edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge...if you want to participate then go to Joyce's blog and add your link at the bottom of her post and join the party. Here are this weeks questions and my answers...for what they are worth

1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or are we just more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?
I think 9/11 put an end to our feeling of invulnerabilty.  We can be hurt....we can suffer loss.  since 9/11 I don't take anything for granted....and going through security check points does not bother me one little bit.  I am licensed to carry a concealed weapon and do.  I never thought that would happen.
2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight?
My parents had lots of rules and like most kids I thought they were terribly unfair. The death of my brother at an early age imposed numerous restrictions on me that most kids never had.  I got really good at sidestepping them and learning how to handle the truth recklessly at an early age to get to do some of the things I wanted to do.    Then I was a parent.  My daughters did not date alone until they were 16...just like me.  One was ok with that...the other not so much. It is amazing how stuff you did as a child comes back to bite you in the rear as an adult.
3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.
I was a three day champion on the TNN game show, Top Card.  If you want to know what a years supply of Pasta Mama pasta products are....ask me...I can tell you. 
4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated?
Frank would probably say I am both.  Just when he thinks I am going to be simple....I am complicated and vice versa.  Mine is a mood, seasonal, time thing.  It depends on what it is. 
5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food?
Hot dogs with kraut, Italian sausages with onions and pepper, brats...yep....I love em!  Frank and I actually paid admission to go to a local carnie....just to get an italian sausage sandwich with onions and peppers and it was worth every single penny!6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which do you think would be the scariest?
All of the above I have experienced.  I live in the tornado alley section of Alabama, and have experienced them as offshoots of hurricanes in Florida.  I have lived through hurricanes in both Florida and Alabama, I have experienced an earthquake once in California and once in Alabama.  I think the tornadoes are the scariest, especially after the April 11th ones.  That was one of the most frightening days of my life.
7. Labor day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores. If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not?
I had chores growing up. My mom had a weekly list of daily chores I was supposed to do and then there was a special edition for Saturday.  We did not have chores on Sunday. I actually loved doing my chores and assigned chores to my kids as well.  It makes you a better person to have some sort of output in the daily running of a household.  I still love to stand at my window and wash dishes.  I got an allowance and so did my kids. I would pay them extra for things not on their list of chores. My kids are all hardworkers today.  I think chores instill a work ethic in you.
8.  High heels....love them or leave them? 
I am a klutz, heals are not my friend, so therefore I do not wear high heels. I love to see women in them...yet, .it pains me to see women walk in them.  for example, Sunday there was a young lady at church who had on pair and it was obvious that the heel of her right shoe was broken completely....so she was walking on her toes...that is the nice thing about flats....the heels never break!  Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I believe with the death of a child a parent would become overprotective. Back in Chicago we had Tast of Chicago and believe me it's awesome Italian Sausage. My favorite was a combo, Italian Sausage and Italian Beef!

Thena said...

The older I get the smaller the heel on my shoes become. But favorite of all would be flip-flops.

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Enjoyed reading your answers-thanks for sharing.
The death of a child can make a parent become overprotective.

Joyce said...

Well that was a fun thing to learn about you : ). I'd like to try being a contestant on a game show.

I love my heels and actually my feet hurt less in heels. I'm flat footed so I don't know if that's why or not but I wear a lot of heels.

Sweet Tea said...

Simple AND complicated - isn't that the definition of "Woman"?

Loved your answers.

Expats Again said...

I so agree with you about heels. Never buy them. In my youth I did, but never again!

Anonymous said...

LOVE those sausage sandwiches! We make them at home sometimes, too. Yummilicious!