Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, June 1, 2012

Home Again, Home Again Ziggity Zig!

Well we arrived back home in Rock Mills, AL at 2:30 from PCB.  The trip home was a great deal cooler than the trip down.  100 degrees was the Sunday drive and my AC in the car is malfunctioning.  It was miserably hot going down.  Coming home the high was 81 and there was a lovely breeze due to a storm passing through.  We had a wonderful trip and hope that we are included with the McCarley/Towler family again next year. They are a wonderful group of people and I love them like family.  Marcie, Sherry and I are sisters from another mother.  With them comes a whole host of wonderful new friends.  Getting to know Marcie's HR buddy, Glenda has been a joy.  She has an infectious laugh and I enjoy spending time with her too.  There were many others I met down there, the Burkes, Kim and her family....it was a time like I had when I was growing up and went with my friends to family events and went with my cousins to family things on their other side.  Lines were faded and it was such fun to be part of another family.  Even though I do have a huge number of first cousins by blood being a part of the family of God is amazing.  I cannot begin to tell you how good the rest was for me.  I am gaining strength daily and loving it.  Last night Frank and I actually walked over half of Pier Park.  There was a lovely breeze blowing and the temperature was much lower than it had been.  I could not believe how good it felt just to walk a bit.  I walked one morning on the beach early in the week and it was hard.  We came home to Rock Mills to hit the ground running.  We have a wedding rehearsal tonight for one of my youth and her wedding tomorrow at 12:00.  I wish Lindsey and Tim the very best.  I am off to put away all the stuff we hauled back and forth.  I love vacations and I love coming home.  There truly is no place like home.  I just wished I had had some ruby slippers to click that would zip me back and forth in a matter of minutes.  Have a wonderful Friday!  Can't wait to share with you all my pictures on Project 365 on Sunday.

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Busy, busy!!! Don't forget to take a rest here and there! Hugs!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It all sounds perfect. Hope the wedding was beautiful. I love young love stories. Looking forward to your photos.