Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, April 12, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Here

I look forward to Five Minute Fridays.  It is a time when I can clear the dust and cobwebs from my mind and focus for just a few minutes on one word.  It is great fun.  How does it work? 
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back to Lisa-Jo's blog and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Here…

GO:


Here is where I worship every Sunday.  Here is where I feel safe.  Here is where I feel the most loved.  Here is where I am allowed shine.  My husband is the pastor at Rock Mills United Methodist Church.  I love this place.  Sitting in the pews early on Sunday morning prayerfully preparing myself for Sunday School is one of my favorite places to be.  I look forward to my time here.  The church provides me a place of peace.  I love it here when the sun comes peeking in through the pretty colored glass panes on the windows.  I love the cool color of the walls.  This is God's house and I am at home here. I am one third of Still Magnolias (see church sign picture) and I love singing in this church.  I love to sing with the choir all the old gospel songs.  It does my heart good to hear their sweet voices surrounding me as we do the choir special each Sunday.  They ground me here in Christ.  I also love singing some of the more contemporary songs.  Singing here makes me smile.  There is nothing like a little Sandy Patti's "Upon This Rock" or one of the timeless hymns like "Blessed Assurance" to make you feel uplifted.  Matthew 16:18 tells me: "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it."  The building is really not the church....it is just a building.  The body is what makes up the church.  The body here is filled with loving people.  When Frank and I arrived they wrapped their arms around us and we fell in love with them immediately.  Each of them here has their own talent and specialness.  There are bakers, helpers, caretakers, providers, workers, chefs, all who open their hearts and give.  Here is where I belong.  The Methodist Church is an itinerant system and so we may be here for a few years, many years, or to quote some of our congregations "retire and die here"....or someday move to another here.  No matter where we are....this particular here will always be in my heart. 

STOP


No comments: