Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A-Z April Challenge - N is for Nebraska

 
Today is Wednesday and according to my A-Z April Challenge Travel Theme this must be Nebraska.  On my Pacific Northwest journey several years ago with my cousin, her family, and my daughter we found ourselves in Nebraska.  On this leg of the trip we decided to retrace the path of Lewis and Clark’s 1804 expedition along the Lewis & Clark Scenic Byway, stretching 82 miles from north of Omaha to South Sioux City on U.S. Highway 75.  It was glorious.  The funny thing about all our travels across the great state of Nebraska was that our favorite stop was Cabela's. 
 





 Cabela's Kearney, Nebraska Retail Store is located just off I-80 along U.S. Highway 30.  If you ever are in the area you must stop in.  It is better than a classroom any day.   In addition to offering quality outdoor merchandise, the 35,000 sq.ft. showroom is an educational and entertainment attraction, featuring a décor of museum-quality animal displays and trophy animals interacting in realistic re-creations of their natural habitats.  Traveling through Nebraska is like traveling through the past with a modern kick.




So as I leave you today.....Nebraska....something to think about and something definitely to see.

No comments: