Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, April 17, 2014

A-Z April Challenge - O is for Opelika

 
 
Today is Thursday and so my April A-Z Challenge is taking us to Opelika, AL.  Opelika is a community that cherishes and preserves its RICH HERITAGE, while at the same time embracing all of the visions and opportunities for a bright future for our residents and businesses! This progressive city of the South has abundant cultural, recreational and educational opportunities balanced against a thriving business environment! Opelika is a Creek word meaning “large swamp.  It sits right up against Auburn, AL and you really cannot tell where one starts and the other one ends.  I attended Auburn University and fell in love with the town of Opelika.  There is so much history and beauty in this town.  From the Fountain View Mansion (a taste of Italy nestled in Opelika) to the Historic District there is so much to see and do in Opelika.  If you make a college trip to Auburn be sure to check it out.








No comments: