It is that time of the week again and I am so excited to be knocking this out on time. Whooo hoooo! If you would like to join in the fun, copy the questions from Joyce's blog and when you have answered them go back and link up so everyone can read your responses. It is so much fun.
1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little? We both have money tied up in 401K's and other things planning for retirement. I get stressed out, to the max, over money matters very quickly.
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves. 1. People who ask you to restate what you just said....right after you finished saying it....once or more. Ex. I hate to give instructions to my students....and have one of them go "huh?" as soon as I finish explaining it the first time. 2. It drives me nuts when people intentionally try and sound ignorant.
3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could? I would love to learn how to quilt or weave. They are both dying art forms.
4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68? I teach school and come in contact with kids every day. My first year of teaching I had strep throat, flu, and mono thanks to my sweet babies. So, with that aid I have to admit that I am a good bit concerned....but not terrified.....yet.
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character? Garfield because of his attitude. Tigger has way too much energy for me.
6. I'm going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What's a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was 'like you pictured' when you read the book, and the film plot remained mostly true to the book plot? Sarah's Choice was almost spot on. I had just reviewed the book when I showed the film to my Simday night group at church. I kept thinking I had seen the movie before when I realized I had read the book.
7. What is one story your family always tells about you? Oh Lord there are so many. I was and am a natural born klutz so the stories of falling are numerous. My mom's favorite was when I was not quite a year old. She and my dad were asleep in their room and she woke feeling as if someone was staring at her. She was most surprised when she saw my smiling face....and heard me say....Play? I had climbed out of my bed....for the first time.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Have you ever been in a large scale food fight? What is the weirdest food related festival you have ever been to? In Spain, La Tomatina is a food fight festival held on the last Wednesday of August each year in the town of Bunol near to Valencia in Spain. Thousands upon thousands of people make their way from all corners of the world to fight in this 'World's Biggest Food Fight' where more than one hundred metric tons of over-ripe tomatoes are thrown in the streets. The week-long festival features music, parades, dancing, and fireworks. On the night before the tomato fight, participants of the festival compete in a paella cooking contest.