Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podge - Behind The Times

It's that time again...time for The Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you've answered this week's questions, add your link at the end of Joyce's post, then go see what your friends and neighbors had to say. Here we go-


1.  It's hard to believe, but next week's Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What's one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?  I surely would love to put my toes in the sand.  I have been to the beach...but never made it to the beach....so sad.  Sometime between now and the end of the year I am going to do just that.
 2.  When were you last at 'your wit's end?'  Last week when I was trying to do a birthday dinner for my son, a shower for a friend's daughter, lesson plans for the week, and a sermon and bible study.  Too much stuffy.  I will learn to say no....or at least schedule better.
3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into 'the deep end'?

My first month at RCHS/Wadley.  I had taught for 25 years at one school and in a two week span moved 25 years of my life to a new place and started over with a different book, different students, and different co-workers. I felt like I was drowning that first month, but then found my head above water and discovered I was treading water just fine..
4.  Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.

I think it may never....but for the most part...sometimes.... in an extreme situation where someone's  life is in danger justify the means. 
5. What makes your hair stand on end?

Scary movies, dangerous stunts, being penned between two semi's on the interstate.

6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it's a feed your brain so you're less anxious, grouchy, and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?

I've never had blue potatoes, but since I never met a potato I didn't like I'm sure that's true. I am not sure I like everything listed, I have never had swiss chard. I don't think it would send me into a bad mood though, as long as you served me some grass fed beef and asparagus too. I am not a huge fan of coconut.  I LOVE Greek yogurt and use it in a lot of foods....or by itself.  It quietens the hungry beast in me often.
7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is 'no end in sight'?

cleaning the junk room out, clearing out my parents things we brought home, and doing something with all their pictures.
8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am ready to wear long sleeves and hoodies.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We didn't get around to our beach trip either but do plan to get there before the end of the year too! Wow, what a busy week you had. I agree, I don't like being around semi trucks on the fwy. Greek yogurt has become a friend of mine also and I love using it in recipes. Bring on the Fall weather......