Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Letter From My Daughter Complete With Asides

My daughter posted this on facebook for Mother's Day.  It made me cry, it made me smile, it made me comment, but most of all it made me full of love.   I adore my daughter.....and I adore her friends.  The girl on my right is Jill.  She and Kat were inseparable as children.  Now many thousands of miles separate them.    **Sigh!  Life goes on.
"Happy Mothers day to my amazing momma Karen Sasser Harrell Korb(we are facebook friends so my whole name comes up when tagged).  You may not be perfect(What?  Not perfect?????  Who says?), but you have been the perfect momma for me.  You have taught me so much about life.  You were my first and biggest fan(Still am).  You have always pushed me to be the best version of myself and yet, you have loved me when I was at my worst(When were you ever the worst?).  For all the slumber parties where you would entertain my friends with your beautiful voice and your guitar, for driving me to Auburn for gymnastics even though I think you knew I was NOT the next Mary Lou Retton(I plead the 5th on this one), for all our amazing road trips-especially to Green Gables(one of my favorites....I would go back tomorrow);), for Football games and concert season, for letting me be my free spirited self(necklaces really do look better on your head), 
 
for loving my friends, for TEACHING me about Jesus, for going everywhere I went without being a crazy mom but the cool mom everyone wanted to sit with, and for seeing in me things I never knew I could be (I tried not to be a helicopter mom)!  I love you so much momma!  God knew what he was doing when he made you my momma!!!!!!!!(And He knew what he was doing when He made you my daughter.  Thank you for the precious thoughts and I could say the same about you....if they had a Daughter's Day. I love you too!  Momma

1 comment:

Nonnie said...

What a beautiful tribute. I think I would print and frame!