1. What's something fun you're looking forward to on your May calendar? That is easy peasy! The end of the school year, graduation, and then...... fun Memorial Day weekplans with our Porch People Rock Mill friends in PCB! I am counting the days!
2. What are some images that come to mind when you hear the word mother? Well when I think of my own mother I tend to picture her d baking in the kitchen, working in the garden, at the beach, dancing....but during the dark years after my brother died I see at the kitchen table from sun up til sunset.....smoking and playing Solitaire.... Then I had children of my own and I think of the love she has showered on my kids in a hundred little ways. I think of all the trips and adventures she created for them so I could finish college. I think of her....everyday.....and wish I could pick up a phone and call her right now.
3. What's something beautiful you own or have seen that's made of glass? I have a checkerboard cut crystall pineapple and a cross that my friend Mary bought for me when we were in Hawaii. I wouldn't buy either because I thought they were too pricey. She surprised me with them on the plane trip home and I was terrified they would break.
4. Was today typical? If not what made it unusual? Today was a school day which is typical....at least for two more weeks. I left my phone at my first school which is also typical....I need my phone attached to me.....after choir we went to Jeff's Place for dinner...again typical.....but no one else went with us.....unusual.....and Jeff's was empty.....very unusual.
5. What is a quality you wish you could have more of? Patience.
6. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen in the month of May?
We need a new car for Frank, but we won't be ready for that until October/November.
7. What responsibility/job/work did you dislike while growing up but has proved helpful to you as an adult? I am with Joyce on this one. It was probably most basic household chores...recognizng that these chores need to be done every.single.week or in some cases daily whether you feel like it or not.
8. Insert your own random thought here. When is graduation where you live????