Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Cardboard Boat Races

What a day....this is how I spent my day.  We hosted the Cardboard Boat Races...and yes...you read that right. . The boats were all made from cardboard and had to be paddled 80 to a buoy and back.  It was hilarious.  If you live on/near water...this would be an awesome fundraiser.

Step one - Boat inspection began at 9:00.  All boats had to be made entirely of cardboard.


Before the races there was sponge/bucket filled with water toss.  Our AD/Head football coach, Pat Prestridge and Assistant Principal, Mrs. Kelly took one for the team and raised a whopping 40.00.  The principals at both RCHS and Wedowee Elementary also took part in the fun.

Mr. Anglin and Mrs. Kelly were ready for the races to begin and put on their official head gear.  I work with some amazing people.
 
This is the group that worked or entered boats with their clubs names on them.  We were a pretty motley crew don't you think.
 
And they were off!
It was a great day to have a boat race and a lot of fun was had by all!
 

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, I was thinking they were small toy like boats not cardboard boats with people in them. That had to be a riot to watch!