Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Graduation Week Hodge Podge

Welcome to Wednesday and  Hodgepodge smack dab in the middle of May. Answer the questions on your own blog, then add your link at the end of Joyce's post. Be sure to leave a comment for the blogger linking before you, because we're all about being neighborly here.

1.  Tell us about a time you found yourself 'in the middle of nowhere'. Was this deliberate? 
The family drove to California....nonstop.  I was driving...it was the middle of the night.....we were in the middle of the dessert....I could SEE the lights of Winslow Arizona.....but the longer I drove the farther away they got.....there was absolutely nothing on the highway.  All the family was sound asleep in the car....so it was just me....and the road. It was kind of scary and I guess it was deliberate.  I was never so glad to see the lights of a city in my life.  We ended up spending the night there.

2. What's something you're in the middle of today or this week?   Final exams and graduations. I have four graduations to attend this week.  Tonight will be my third one.  I have to admit that I am graduation WEAK!
3. At what age do you think 'middle age' begins? What does it mean to be 'middle aged'? 
When I was a child I would have said 30.  Then I hit 30 and thought it was 40.  I think 50 is middle age even though most people don't live to be 100.  I like that number.  I can't read the fine print without assistance. I wake stiff and sound like Rice Krispies (I snap, crackle, and pop). I don't take good health for granted, and I spend a lot of time managing said health.  I find myself looking forward to retirement and slowing down.  I enjoy things more.

4. Ravioli, stuffed peppers, samosas, deviled eggs, steamed dumplings, peirogis, or a jelly donut...your favorite food (from this list!) with something yummy in the middle. Your favorite not on the list?   My least favorite on the list is stuffed peppers.  I truly despise them.  My mom used to make me eat them as a child and even the smell of them makes me gag even today.  I love jelly donuts, steamed dumplings and peirogis.  My favorite not on the list of stuffed goodies would be a cannoli...especially if I am in Italy.  I owuld pick a cannoli over any of the ones on the list.

5. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying,"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Would you agree? Have you found this to be true in your own life? Feel free to elaborate. 
Oh yes I agree.  I have to agree with Joyce and her daughter... in order to know you can do hard things you have to do hard things.  Sometimes I go ahead and wallow....but other times I succeed in finding the blessing in the difficulty.  
 
6. What's a song you remember loving from your middle school years? Do you love it still? 
Traces by Dennis Yost and The Classics IV, Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In by the 5th Dimension, This Girl Is A Woman Now, by Gary Puckett and The Union Gap, Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye, Galveston by Glen Campbell, Barry Sandler's Ballad of the Green Beret (always made me cry....still does), California Dreamin' by the Mama's and the Papa's, ...and my list goes on.  I still love every single one of these songs.  Several years ago my dear friend, Carol, made me a whole collection of CD's from the 60's and 70's.  This is one of my prized collections.

7. May 18th is National Visit Your Relatives Day. Will you celebrate? Which relative would you visit if time, distance, and expense were not considered?  I wish I could.  I guess Frank will be the relative I will visit with today.  I would visit my daughter in Moldova if I could....but alas...it is not going to happen. 
8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Who out there in blogger land is an NCIS fan?  Did you watch the season finale last night.  What a surprise it was.  If you didn't see it....I won't spoil it for you....but if you love NCIS you need to watch it.

5 comments:

D&S said...

Hi! Oh, I've done that drive across Arizona and I know exactly what you mean - those city lights seem like they are sooooo far away! (Should have kept going and stayed in Flagstaff though, which in my opinion is the best city IN Arizona!) :-) Enjoyed your Hodgpodge - have a great day!

D&S said...

Hi! I've done that drive across northern Arizona and I know how dark and quiet it can be! Gorgeous stars and such, but yes, a little creepy, especially if you've seen one too many thriller movies! :-) Have a great day - good luck with all of your graduation ceremonies!

Nonnie said...

nope! I wouldn't like driving through the night in the middle of nowhere, although sometimes driving across New Mexico and west Texas felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. Loved Marvin Gaye. Good old songs back in the days.

Cranberry Morning said...

Wow, that's a lot of graduations! Your story about Arizona reminds me of the time we were driving at night and saw the lights of Truth or Consequences, NM. It took forever to get there. It was amazing how far we could see because there was absolutely nothing to block the light. BTW, I loved the Mamas and Papas music. Just loved their sound.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My mother never made stuffed peppers. I just recently started making them but I use colored peppers. I am not a green pepper fan. I said cannoli too! Aquarius is a great song along with many of the other's you listed.