Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Am Glad I Am Not A Teenager Again!


Lord, I am so glad I am not a teenager again. I seem to have forgotten the raging hormones, the squabbling over boys, the attitudes, ......and oh yeah...Spring Fever. That I can relate to. I have Spring Fever myself. Maybe that is why the other is driving me nuts right now. Today, for the first time in I can't remember when.....and I am talking about years. I had to call for an administrator to help settle down two girls.....GIRLS! They came into my room....being hateful to each other. I wanted to tell them....HEY! Life is short and you don't need to be so spiteful....but it would not have worked...not at that moment...we were close to blows being exchanged. I hate girl fights. In all the years I have taught....20+ I have broken up many a boy fight.....but a girl fight....look out ....cause you will see me cowering in a corner somewhere. During my internship.....I broke up my one and only girl fight.....I actually got between the two girls fighting....and took one to my room. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Anyways, after I shut the door to my room....I heard something bump the door....when I opened it after the other student had been taken to the office....there....impaled in my door.....was a pair of scissors from Home Ec. I was sick at my stomach....that could have been me those scissors were impaled in. God truly does look out after fools, little children, and interns. My first year on the job....I came up on a boy fright....reached out to grab one of the fighters....and took his elbow in my nose when he drew back to punch.....the punch was never thrown....because he broke my nose....blood splattered everywhere....and I passed out. Great way to stop a fight I can assure you. The boys were shocked and thought I was dead. They grabbed me and rushed me to the school nurse....and I am sure they lived to fight another day. My question is....why do we have to fight? God tells us in Leviticus 19:18 (New International Version) " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD." Today, I am so glad I am dealing with a 50 year old's problems and not those of a teenager. God truly knows what he is doing when he makes teenagers....young! Happy Thursday to You!

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

So many girls are mean and spiteful. I hate to say it but it is true. Sadly, I have found women to be the same. I cannot get over the women who are still "clciky" who gosssip and smile at one another and as soon as one leaves they ridicule and shread the others apart. I am amazed. I too feel like saying....like you, Is this your idea of getting into Heaven? Being a good christian? loving one another? Being mature? Setting an example for your children?

All I can say is kids learn by example. I dont think parents teach much of forgiveness and understanding, just revenge.

Sorry if I sound bitter....but I get so peeved at this that I see.