Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Blessing

God creates a special gift in His heaven above
A gift that is full of joy and laughter
Full of sunshine and of love.
He places all of these wonderful things
along with a tender heart
inside a baby girl and blesses each precious part.
He gives her tiny rosebud lips
and the softest baby skin
and just when she seems perfect
He touches her once again.
Then he sends her to her family
through her earthly mom to be
and she blesses all who love her
for all eternity!
I know the Father does these things
that only He would do
for there is no other way to explain
a blessing such as you!
by Thena Smith


The first big outing at only 7 days old. In the south the Fourth of July is a definite Bar B Que must. She is not terribly thrilled with the concept of the hot outdoors and the smell of searing ribs.

Christening Day is here for Kathryn. She looks very excited about getting that christening gown off and something more comfortable on. I can't say that I blame here. The material they make those things out of would drive anyone nuts!

At the World's Fair in Knoxville, TN in 1982. How awesome to have been part of something so large when you are so little. Her favorite part was feeding the fish.


Dream on little broomstick cowboy, dream while you can......


They grow so fast....one day you turn around and they are holding on to your finger learning to walk and the next day they are readying for college......

BFF's at Eric and Roulaine's wedding at Mistletoe Bough - a local bed and breakfast. Kelli Knox, Raegan Lemmond, Jill Blair, and Kat. All the pretty maidens lined in a row.

And the last phase is....when they put on the white dress....and become someone's wife. Where did all the time go? I still have so many memories....and boxes full of photos.....but....I can't save time in a bottle.....and it truly does march on...whether you want it to or not. Jan and Kat both married the same year. Kat in May and Jan in June. It was a busy year for bridal showers, weddings, and parties. I would not have missed a minute of it.

The end....or is it? Her saga continues.....part 2 - Life with Brian

5 comments:

Jordan Nicholas Reeg said...

thanks for the comment! i will keep my fingers crossed that im lucky enough to get the same happy ending!

B said...

That poem you started this post off with is so sweet. I'm always a sucker for a good poem though, and one about those little people who touch our lives for good.

Ms. Marty said...

What a beautiful poem. When I go to the nursery at the hospital to fill out the baby photo forms, I get so excited. I get to see all the little ones. I try to tell all the parents to remember that everytime they look at that precious face they are looking at God and for that one moment they are seeing perfection.

By the way, in the picture of the girls, there is one of them named Jill Blair. Tell me about her. We had a band director once and he had a daughter named Jill. Could it be the same one?

Your thoughts are wonderful and I am going to enjoy reading them.

Thanks also for your thoughts back to me concerning 2008. My year was relatively calm compared to yours, but we know who holds our hand through all these tough times.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What a sweet tribute!

Sweet Tea said...

You're gonna love having a married daughter. My oldest DD is my very best friend. It's a great opportunity for a RICH relationship.