Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Season of a Friend


Diana, Susan, Kat and Casey - the girls from AP class.



Kat, Raegan, Julie Mac - Picture 1 Amy, Kat, and Elizabeth - Picture 2


Kat and Jill - airport park Jessica and Kat - TN.


Jill, Jan, Scott, Kat - K'ville

The Queen Bees - Beth, Merf (Mary Rachel), and Kat - Madwind Road


I was looking through some pictures, scanning some for a photo project I am working on, and I found several pictures of my daughter Kat and her friends from childhood. It is kind of a funny story....at one time my whole Sunday School class was in various stages of expectancy....so it was only natural that our children all grew up as friends....the sad part about friendships are that they change when we get older....and friends that we were inseperable from when we were twelve....we may never hear from again after we marry......sooooo...while I was working on the project....I felt the need to blog and here I am. I used this poem in the photostory....and thought I would share it and some of the pictures with you today....after all...Valentines day is not just about your significant other....it is telling all the special people in your life that they are special....isn't it? So to all of Kat's friends....whereever you are right now....Happy Valentines Day. My life is a bit richer because you walked through my door.


The Way It Should Be
by Vergil F.e. Tudtud


Solitude have I to endure,seemingly held with disclosure.

A fellow left astray,as yet from yesterday.

Flashing your dainty, disarming smile,warms my heart every once in a while.

Our longtime kinshipwill always bloom with friendship.

It has never been so profound,a lifetime friend have I found.

Let our friendship be a bond,which can never be like a dry pond.

Let us not forget the dreams we share,forever like sisters or brothers we care.

You'll always be a friend to me,and that's the way it should be.

2 comments:

Ms. Marty said...

Your quote from yesterday just about says it all. I also took time to read your profile. It is almost spooky how we have so many things in common.

Joe and I have traveled to 45 of the continental states together. We have each been to California, but separately and he has been to Washington state. We hope some day to get to California, Oregon and Washington together. Hawaii and Alaska would be nice, but if that doesn't happen, so be it. Joe has been to Germany and Greenland with the Army and please do forget Vietnam - twice. As for my foriegn travels, it has only been Canada, which Joe and I have done together. But since my Dad was from Buffalo NY and whenever we visited there, we always went across to Canada to see Niagara Falls from both sides. I have been to Baja California, Mexico several times. Our congregation has a mission point there and I began going in 2004 and have since made 6 more trips. I love it. After the first trip, my whole outlook on life completely changed. I only hate I waited so late in life to begin, but there again, God's time schedule doesn't always match ours. Only He knows what is best for us and when. Too bad we try to help Him out!!

Sweet Tea said...

I love it when I hear about some of the "kids" that grew up with my "kids". And especially fun when I see one of them out & about...I know exactly how you feel and what you mean in this Post.
I enjoyed it!!