Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Life Isn't Always Fair, But It's Still Good

A good friend of mine sent me an email yesterday that I just had to share with you guys today. She was once my roommate and my sister-in-law. Now we are friends and I love her like a sister. She has cancer....she is awaiting her insurance company's approval of a drug that costs 15,000 per dose. This drug would give her a 50 - 60% chance of survival.....The first time they were presented with the request they denied it.....now the Dr.'s are appealing.....yet, even with that.....Lucy still has one of the most positive outlooks of anyone I know. She is a survivor....and a Christian. I have always admired her.....so had to give you something to make your day....your week....your life special....from Lucy....today on her 55th birthday!

"Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
Time heals almost everything.
Give time, time.
Dopn't compare your life to others'.
You have no idea what their journey is all about.
You don't have to win every argument.
Agree to disagreements.
Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
Try to make at least three people smile each day.
Each night beforee you go to bed complete the following statements:
"I am thankful for..."
"Today I accomplished..."
Call your family often.
Take a 10 - 30 minute walk every day and while you walk, smile.
Forgive everyone for everything.
Dream more while you are awake.
What other people think of you is none of your business.
Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
Enjoy the ride.
Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't have a fast pass.
Make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
Smile and laugh more.
It will keep the energy vampires away.
Don't take yourself so seriously.
No one else does.
Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn,
pass all your tests.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear
and fade away like algebra class
but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
Your job won't take care of you when you are sick.
You friends will.
Stay in touch.
No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.
When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,
"My purpose is to .......today."
Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
No matter how youi feel, get up, dress up and show up.
The best is yet to come.
Burn the candles, use the nice sheets.
Don't save it for a special occassion.
Today is special.
Make peace with your past, so it won't mess up the present.
However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
Live with the 3 E's...Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy,
and the 3 F's...Faith, Family, Friends."
Thank you Lucy for sharing those life reminders with me....and allowing me to share them with others. As always....I learn from you....just as I did when we were younger. You are truly a blessed person and I am blessed to know you.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so sorry! I pray she wins her battle! My parents both battled cancer.

Life isn't fair, but God is good.

Sweet Tea said...

That was soooo RICH!!
Love it!!

Julie D said...

Wow, there's a lot of things in there that we all should take to heart.

Sending up prayers for your friend...